Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings members. I was wondering if anybody could point me towards an inexpensive method/machine that could engrave steel. I do not need to do anything too elaborate, at most small script lettering, and am incapable of being steady enough with a dremel/engraver. Thanks in advance.

·
airbrushart
5,514 Posts
link:Electric discharge engraving try this link:

http://www.etch-o-matic.com/index.html

I just started using one so right now I don't know much else & do not have any pics of stuff, hope to have some in a day or two plan to start on scrape aluminum and then a couple of knives. I do know custom gunsmiths use this machine to put their logos on firearms.

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to just add a few lines to the receivers of the AK I built, as well as the future AKs I plan on building. I came across the etch-o-matic and the price and effort look great, but I may like to do some gold inlay, and it looks like it doesn't really engrave into the surface. If you could let me know once youve used it if it actually does engrave that would be fantastic.

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
With a steady hand you can do it with a dremel.

Edit- didn't see you said that was out of the question. my bad.

Gl

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
get a loan and buy a cnc lol

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its all good. I tried placing a label with text onto an ammo can and using it as a stencil and I can get some of it good, but one minor slip and its ruined. Don't wanna chance it on one of the kids, ya know? I think it would be funny if I brought my AK to Roosevelt Field Mall and asked the lady at the custom engraving booth to do it, just don't like the whole going to jail aspect of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts