Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to Pin Molon Labe's Stock, so this is what we came up with.

Step 1: Find a pin, anything will do. We cut down an old tent stake that was laying around.

Step 2: Look towards the bottom of the stock plunger where you will notice a small hole (looks more like a semi circle as the stock partially covers it). Find a drill bit slightly smaller than your pin and drill through the existing hole in the plunger/stock to make hole larger. (*See Pic 2).

Step 3: Mix up some epoxy and roll pin around in it. Hammer pin into the drilled hole. DONE! (*See Pic 1)

Stop paying people to do easy stuff, and actually DIY. This took us 5 min, including the time to figure it out.

·
I'm begging to be banned!
1,135 Posts
You could remove the lever via large roll pin on CTR and pin in a hidden location if looks matter

·
Registered
41 Posts
This was the easiest and least invasive way of pinning the MOE stock without drilling holes in the buffer tube. hats off to Zxracer3 for spotting it

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
I read another method that I think I may try that is not quite as permanent as this.  Pull out the roll pin that holds the plunger in, take out the spring and replace the spring with a 1/4" diameter 3/4" long dowel (I was thinking steel rod)and put the roll pin back in.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Ahhhh, the things us new York shooters have to put up with.

Good idea though, I'll be trying it this week on my new magpul moe. It's a damn shame

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To pin a Magpul STR:

The roll pin holding the stocks latch is blocked by the storage compartment's. The Storage compartment's are held together by rivets and are not easily removable. Therefore, removing the latch is not recommended.

What I would do is put the drill into the hole in pic #3 and just angle the drill into the friction lock (red shows material to be removed). You have to remove very little material and it will be hardly noticeable with the lock closed. Then just follow the other directions.

The nice thing about the CTR and the STR is that the friction lock will cover the pin job when closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts