Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9-4-2015 - It's official, we will be moving to a new larger state of the art store this fall. The new store will be right on Sunrise Highway in Oakdale provide easy on, easy off access. The 6300 sq-ft store will incorporate a showroom 5x our current size as well as additional warehouse space and room to bring more of our manufacturing in house next year. We received all of our special use permits from the town and expect to start renovation in the next few weeks. Our goal is to be open mid to late November, in time for the holiday season. Once the store is open, we will begin the build out of the indoor shooting range. The range will incorporate state of the art ventilation, lighting, noise management and backstop and be certified for any handgun caliber and up to 7.62x51 (.308) rifle. The range will have 6 lanes, 5 standard width and one ADA wheelchair accessible lane. The range is 50' overall and will provide a tip to target distance of approx 12 yards. We thought long and hard but could not justify the space and expense to go a full 25 yards. The range is primarily intended for testing, training and demos. The facility will also have a 24 seat classroom. We will be partnering with a number of the local instructors to offer a variety of educational programs, both classroom and live fire in the range. We do plan on having a rental / demo pistols. Which ones, will be initially dictated by which manufacturers offer is programs, but I would expect a minimum of Glock, S&W and Springfield to start. Initially the range will be open to members only but we will likely add some limited public hours as we move forward through 2016. We have started soliciting range members for our Founding Fathers program. I will post more details on this later in the week. We are very excited to be bring Long Island this tactical shooting super center. We believe the Long Island shooting community deserves it and we hope to see all of you at the grand opening later this fall.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Congratulation Boys - you deserve it . Best of luck .

So right by Moreland hose I guess ?

Reactions: NRATC53

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
WOW ! Near that J and H fishing Tackle place ??

Reactions: NRATC53

·
Winter is coming
3,569 Posts
Awesome, great news, best of luck!

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Nice location . Wish it was Nassau but I'll make it work . Lol

Reactions: havfun and Tonto

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I think I was at a poker game that got busted there. Missed the buy in and didn't get to sit, and didn't get arrested, lol!

Best of luck there and I hope to visit. Sounds like it's going to be amazing.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Outstanding!

Reactions: TonyD

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Yes, between J&H and Moreland. The old billiards hall. Also in the strip is the taxidermy place, MMA / boxing supplies and the adult store.

One stop shopping . Thanks

·
Nimble Navigator
890 Posts
Just saw it on FB too. I'm floored. Congrats, and if you are looking for employees, I work in the supply chain.

·
Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,599 Posts
Super great news, and no backlash from the community? Great all around. My only hope is a awesome burger franchise takes some space in the strip mall..

1 - 20 of 136 Posts