Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this in NSSF newsletter...

NEWS OF NOTE
Dark Storm Industries is leaving New York for Florida. DSI will spend $1.6 million to build a 25,000 square foot production facility in Titusville, Fla., and possibly expand to 45,000 square feet in the future. The move adds 50 new jobs at New York's loss.

Reactions: gcloss and Greencvo

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Yes, we have made the decision to build a new HQ and manufacturing plant in Titusville, Florida. The retail store and range will remain here in New York. The economics and political climate are simply so much better there. We do remain committed to supporting our customers in New York and other restricted states and hope the increased capacity of our new facility will allow us to do so with reduced lead times. The new manufacturing facility will also allow us to bring production of barrels and BCGs in house.

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,861 Posts
Yes, we have made the decision to build a new HQ and manufacturing plant in Titusville, Florida. The retail store and range will remain here in New York. The economics and political climate are simply so much better there. We do remain committed to supporting our customers in New York and other restricted states and hope the increased capacity of our new facility will allow us to do so with reduced lead times. The new manufacturing facility will also allow us to bring production of barrels and BCGs in house.
Welcome to Florida!

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
It makes perfect sense to move the manufacturing out of this overtaxed, overregulated, anti-gun, anti-business state. Glad to hear the that the Long Island retail operation will remain.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just read DSI post and caught that they are moving HQ to Florida. Hence as I read it, they are moving not only the manufacturing but the legal state of the corporation. Means lost taxes to Andy boy. How many companies and ppl have to leave this S-hole state before they realize they have killed the golden goose? But I guess commies will do what commies do.

·
Registered
11,489 Posts
Just read DSI post and caught that they are moving HQ to Florida. Hence as I read it, they are moving not only the manufacturing but the legal state of the corporation. Means lost taxes to Andy boy. How many companies and ppl have to leave this S-hole state before they realize they have killed the golden goose? But I guess commies will do what commies do.
One of the local gun shops refused to sell New York Hunting and Fishing licenses because he hates Cuomo. I also heard a few shops in Nassau stopped selling them for that reason.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the south. I own 3 Dark Storm firearms and they all moved with me to Georgia 4 years ago. They shed their Thordsen stocks, grew pistol grips and Magpul CTR stocks and added threads to their barrels. They are much happier residing in the free state of Georgia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Greencvo

·
Registered
7,371 Posts
I spent five months in FL over the winter and spring. It was refreshing spending time in a free state. Appreciate all you folks did for us on LI in building the range and store here. All the best on your move.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That's great not far from me give frog bones a run for the money loving Florida ranges here have restaurants hope the add one ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Good luck as a former member I look forward to your move here glad your coming you definitely will be very happy especially since Florida is a 2A state Governor DeSantis is pro 2A and so are the Sheriffs..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts