11,504 Posts
NY legal M1A I got a warm fuzzy feeling

Reactions: dank27

·
Registered
206 Posts
I saw both in person!

I just wish I had a bigger budget! LOL!

The M1A reminds me my LRB in terms of not having the brake. Beautiful rifle which I will add at some point to my collection!

The Ruger Precision is a SICK rifle for a factory rifle! Amazing features! But the way I see it, such purchase would probably cost me another 2500 for putting good glass on it and a sturdy bipod! I am really curious if they will make it in 300WM.

·
Premium Member
11,504 Posts
I saw both in person!

I just wish I had a bigger budget! LOL!

The M1A reminds me my LRB in terms of not having the brake. Beautiful rifle which I will add at some point to my collection!

The Ruger Precision is a SICK rifle for a factory rifle! Amazing features! But the way I see it, such purchase would probably cost me another 2500 for putting good glass on it and a sturdy bipod! I am really curious if they will make it in 300WM.
6.5 Creedmoor is a awsome round. I have the DPMS Creedmoor it's way more accurate then I am.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are the keltec KSG shotguns NYC legal?
It would depend on if they are abiding by the NYSPRA v Cuomo ruling on 10 rounds or not. If you live in the City and have your permit, I would advise you to inquire before you purchase it. 7 round magazines.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
It would depend on if they are abiding by the NYSPRA v Cuomo ruling on 10 rounds or not. If you live in the City and have your permit, I would advise you to inquire before you purchase it. 7 round magazines.
what does that have to do with anything? It has two separate 7 round magazines... Better check with Troop L

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Very disappointing that I could not get simple AR parts at your store and my friend was given the run around about his forever issue having DSI rifle. But seems like you guys are getting away from the AR Platform.

Salesman had no problem badgering me about a 3k barret purchase. Too many unfamiliar faces in there these days.

Dan

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Very disappointing that I could not get simple AR parts at your store and my friend was given the run around about his forever issue having DSI rifle. But seems like you guys are getting away from the AR Platform.

Salesman had no problem badgering me about a 3k barret purchase. Too many unfamiliar faces in there these days.

Dan
DSI is a busy shop, they haven't stopped selling the AR platform. They held a class last Wednesday 'Combat Mindset'. Many of the people who attended that class said that shop is awesome.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
DSI is a busy shop, they haven't stopped selling the AR platform. They held a class last Wednesday 'Combat Mindset'. Many of the people who attended that class said that shop is awesome.
I preferred the old shop. Now seems to be filled with people who dont know what they are talking about. When I ask for a Rifle Length Buffer tube and a Bolt Catch Roll pin and non of the 4 people wearing dsi shirts know what that is its alarming.

When I said "isnt that stuff an AR shop should know?" The response was "we only do Carbine here".

Again, as someone who bought 2 DSI rifles and referred many in the past, its just a shame that the expertise is not what it was.

I am sure the class was great. Also the new store i beautiful but aside from the chick in the yoga pants the experience was a let down.

My friend (Forum Member) was having another issue with his rifle and they said he had to wait for the gunsmith. When I told them that Pete swapped my entire upper last yr when I had a problem (which he did and was awesome about the whole thing) then all of a sudden they were in the back and poof the rifle was fixed.

All seemed shady and not like the DSI that i was such a big fan of a short time ago.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
I preferred the old shop. Now seems to be filled with people who dont know what they are talking about. When I ask for a Rifle Length Buffer tube and a Bolt Catch Roll pin and non of the 4 people wearing dsi shirts know what that is its alarming.

When I said "isnt that stuff an AR shop should know?" The response was "we only do Carbine here".

Again, as someone who bought 2 DSI rifles and referred many in the past, its just a shame that the expertise is not what it was.

I am sure the class was great. Also the new store i beautiful but aside from the chick in the yoga pants the experience was a let down.

My friend (Forum Member) was having another issue with his rifle and they said he had to wait for the gunsmith. When I told them that Pete swapped my entire upper last yr when I had a problem (which he did and was awesome about the whole thing) then all of a sudden they were in the back and poof the rifle was fixed.

All seemed shady and not like the DSI that i was such a big fan of a short time ago.
hopefully it's just growing pains. customer service is a hard trait to grow. takes lots of training, which takes lots of time and also empowering employees to make the type of moves that foster customer loyalty in the long run, but may cost a bit up front.

·
Registered
206 Posts
For NYC the answer is no. They will not register anything with a capacity more than 5 rounds.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts

DSI was very popular until it posted a very controversial message that made many gun shops stop selling featureless AR rifles and a manufacturer stop selling it's stock. I believe a few other reasons have become evident through your negative post. People have stopped bashing them once they started selling the featureless rifles again. As with any new busy store the competition will use people to post a negative experience. It's sad that a forum sponsor continue's to get bashed. I give the owners credit for opening a Firearms business in an unfriendly state.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
DSI was very popular until it posted a very controversial message that made many gun shops stop selling featureless AR rifles and a manufacturer stop selling it's stock. I believe a few other reasons have become evident through your negative post. People have stopped bashing them once they started selling the featureless rifles again. As with any new busy store the competition will use people to post a negative experience. It's sad that a forum sponsor continue's to get bashed. I give the owners credit for opening a Firearms business in an unfriendly state.
Notice I made no mention of the Troop L Non-Sense as that had no bearing on the situation I brought up.

And yes, Harry was present during this conversation. He was the only "management" that I have seen since the old shop. I did not bash DSI in any way. I simply brought up my concern about my last visit in a thread that has them advertising every kind of firearm except an AR lol. As i found it interesting I could not get a basic AR part in there shop.

Please do not put words in my mouth. Regarding the other non-sense I addressed my concerns with Ed directly and was happy with the result.

Why would you bring that up if you want it to go away?

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Notice I made no mention of the Troop L Non-Sense as that had no bearing on the situation I brought up.

And yes, Harry was present during this conversation. He was the only "management" that I have seen since the old shop. I did not bash DSI in any way. I simply brought up my concern about my last visit in a thread that has them advertising every kind of firearm except an AR lol. As i found it interesting I could not get a basic AR part in there shop.

Please do not put words in my mouth. Regarding the other non-sense I addressed my concerns with Ed directly and was happy with the result.

Why would you bring that up if you want it to go away?
You bought two DSI rifles and bring customers to them. Why post a negative comment about them knowing nothing and not having an item in stock. A simple phone call could save a trip to the store. DSI has posted an update for people to see it's inventory and you decided to bash them... Not Cool!

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
I try to stay neutral and out of the drama as much as i can but why shouldn't someone post a bad experience they had at a local gun store. If it was me I wouldn't be too happy if i went into a business known for their expertise on the ar platform and no one could help me on a basic ar part. If anything it holds the business accountable if this turns out to be the rule and not just the exception. That being said I myself have shopped at the old store and was always happy with the service. Just because they are a forum sponsor does not make them exempt from criticism, the moment that happens is when being a sponsor of the site holds no value.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
I try to stay neutral and out of the drama as much as i can but why shouldn't someone post a bad experience they had at a local gun store. If it was me I wouldn't be too happy if i went into a business known for their expertise on the ar platform and no one could help me on a basic ar part. If anything it holds the business accountable if this turns out to be the rule and not just the exception. That being said I myself have shopped at the old store and was always happy with the service. Just because they are a forum sponsor does not make them exempt from criticism, the moment that happens is when being a sponsor of the site holds no value.
When you are a good customer and have a bad experience you should speak to an owner before going on the Internet.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.