Long Island Shooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are now accepting members for the DSI Founding Fathers Program. Here are the details:
  • The Founding Fathers program will be limited to 100 members and members must be signed up by 12/31/2015
  • The range will be open during store hours, which are expected to be 7 days a week once the new store is open. It is NOT a 24/7 range.
  • Members will have access to the range except when the range is fully occupied by a class or other event.
  • The range will be fully rated for full auto .308 Rifle and all Pistol calibers.
  • The range is 53' which means a tip to target of about 12 yards
  • The range will feature state of the art LED lighting and ventilation systems.
  • The range has 5 standard points and 1 ADA wheelchair accessible lane which can also be used for prone, chrono timing,practicing draw from holster and other specialty uses.
  • Members will be allowed to bring 1 guest per visit.
  • Members children up to age 21 are allowed in addition to the guest, but must share the lane.
  • Members will be required to attend a range safety class (details to be worked out)
  • Membership term is 10 years
  • Membership fee is $1995.00 or 4 monthly installments of $500.00
Membership forms are available at the store. Please ask for Peter to sign up.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Founding Father or Funding Father?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
The range has 5 standard points and 1 ADA wheelchair accessible lane which can also be used for prone, chrono timing,practicing draw from holster and other specialty uses.

Does this mean you CANNOT shoot standing or prone from the 5 standard points?

◾Membership fee is $1995.00 or 4 monthly installments of $500.00

Is this 4 consecutive months? fully paid by when?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Holy crap. I was just shooting with my Uncle at his gun club in PA. Practically nobody ever there, so we did drawing, reloading, speed shooting drills. $20 bucks per year, pistol, rifle, shotgun, trap, skeet, archery.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Another question:

◾Members will have access to the range except when the range is fully occupied by a class or other event.

Any idea/estimate on the amount of classes or other events tentatively to be scheduled? I belong to another range, and it seems every weekday evening and weekend days the range is closed for private clubs, matches, or other events. This would be just fine,... if I was retired.

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
Another question:

◾Members will have access to the range except when the range is fully occupied by a class or other event.

Any idea/estimate on the amount of classes or other events tentatively to be scheduled? I belong to another range, and it seems every weekday evening and weekend days the range is closed for private clubs, matches, or other events. This would be just fine,... if I was retired.
From dark storms previous posts they seem to be catering to those events as they will bring in the most money

·
Registered
268 Posts
WOW 100 members @ 2k a pop. Do they get stock in the company at that price. What if there is some unforeseen closing of the range thats a lot of refunding to do. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Anyone I speak to is planning to leave the state as soon as they can.....just saying...

1 - 20 of 218 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.