Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw recently on DSI's website that they're making 9mm rifles.

Looking to see if anyone owns one/can comment on how they like theirs. I didn't register my CX4 before the ban so I'm looking to get something to keep here in NY.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
We have a pre-production model in the store right now if you want to come see it. Only 2 small changes for production, tightening the milling up around the mag release button and a better mag stop as part of the extractor now. We will start buuilding rifles in a few weeks with all configurations within a month or two.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm in the market for a 9mm carbine that fits the "too many" glock mags I own.....what are my options? I'm interested in something short barreled, but I'm not sure about the laws in NY.....can I buy a DSI carbine without the stock? I'm looking for something simple and small, but it seems like my best option is "another handgun"....so silly! SMH!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Lol....this state stinks! Looks like all SBR's and SBS's are evil......so next question is how short is too short for a SBR? I've seen DSI's compliant Rifles, can you buy one of those "arch type" grips without the stock?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
I can't figure out the allure of 9mm ARs.........9mm ammo isn't THAT much cheaper than .223

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Didn't I see a sign there saying that they couldn't sell pistol ammo to anyone without a pistol license? Might be wrong but I could've sworn I saw that where the ammo price list is. Guess I committed a crime today with the help of another LGS. I hope I read it wrong but if I didn't then you could buy the rifle there but not the ammunition. I'm sure I was mistaken..I hope.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
I can't figure out the allure of 9mm ARs.........9mm ammo isn't THAT much cheaper than .223
let's say 9mm is 2/3 the price of .223. That's 1/3 more ammo to plink with for the same price . (This sounds like a CORE math problem.) 9mm is dead on at 50 yards, so unless you are shooting longer distances, it is cheap fun.

Reactions: Beaker

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
We have seen fixed mag AR pistols successfully registered in 3 upstate counties. Keep in mind NY has about 50 counties. We have been working on this with NYSP for a while, trying to get them to issue a written guidance to the licensing authorities, but no success yet.

We are in production on components for 9mm uppers, we will be offering a wide variety of 9mm uppers and parts fort he DS-9 over the next few months as we get into full swing with them. We also have finished the design for the fixed magazine version and are moving to prototyping and testing. We hope to have them available during the winter.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Didn't I see a sign there saying that they couldn't sell pistol ammo to anyone without a pistol license? Might be wrong but I could've sworn I saw that where the ammo price list is. Guess I committed a crime today with the help of another LGS. I hope I read it wrong but if I didn't then you could buy the rifle there but not the ammunition. I'm sure I was mistaken..I hope.
It's not against the law. Most places will ask you what it's for, pistol or rifle. If you say pistol, then they ask for your license. If you say rifle, they do not. DSI is the same, as I've bought pistol ammo there quite a few times for both rifles and pistols.

·
Registered
677 Posts
There are plenty of AR pistols in Nassau and Suffolk. What's still not airtight is the official sign off on what constitutes a fixed mag. Can't register a new AR pistol unless the county agrees that what you have is fixed. So far some countries upstate have called NYSP about people registering fixed mag AR pistols and NYSP has given their verbal approval to the county clerk involved. Do you have an example of Nassau denying someone?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.