Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
moved to greener pastures
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bring on the restrictions on drones!

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/drone-drops-heroin-marijuana-and-tobacco-in-ohio-prison-yard/

A drone dropped a package of heroin, marijuana and tobacco in the recreation yard of an Ohio prison last week, sparking a fight among inmates trying to pick up the contraband, prison officials said on Tuesday.
"Upon reviewing the cameras, it was determined that a drone passed over the recreation yards immediately before the fight began," the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction said in an incident report.

There were no significant injuries to staff or inmates in the July 27 fight, which was broken up by corrections officers using pepper spray at the Mansfield Correctional Institution.
The prison, located about 70 miles southwest of Cleveland, houses about 2,700 inmates, according to its website.
The package was recovered and contained about 145 grams of tobacco (five ounces), 65 grams (two ounces) of marijuana, and nearly 7 grams (0.2 ounces) of heroin, it said.
Last year, a drone was used to try to smuggle phones, marijuana and tobacco into a South Carolina maximum security prison, but it crashed outside the facility's walls.

·
200 Warning Points, with a side of bacon.
2,868 Posts
I give them credit for their resolve and ingenuity. Then again, the only person that is getting hurt in this instance is the user of the drug. I think the situation in this instance is laughable.

I'm sure more diabolically minded characters can conjure up something more nefarious with these things, which is definitely a cause for concern.

On a side note however,

This organization is working with multiple drone companies to allow property owners to establish a no-fly zone over their domain.

Might help keep those pesky marijuana bails from falling from the sky onto your shed.

https://www.noflyzone.org/

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
Can't they just print that stuff in the prison library's 3D printer ?

Reactions: Lovemyglock

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I would think the tower guards would have shot it out of the sky before it made it into the yard, we have to worry about dirty bombs from terrorist with this technology I can see them sending up quite a few at once and taking out large areas with relative ease. But hey that just me I know our govt has much greater concerns like tracking down cecile s killer.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Are drones coming with internal bays and external pods now? Kinda cool if the bozos using them were not trying so hard to do stupid stuff with them.
+1 for innovation

C'mon people, use your drones for good, not eeeviiiilll

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I feel it's only a matter of time before those things start dropping bombs on us. Some smart terrorist will figure out a way...

yep, call me paranoid
Is it paranoia if you are right? Just waiting for a drone packed with a "surprise" to get sucked into a jet engine.

·
INFIDEL
7,237 Posts
I guess the chewing tobacco taste better smuggled in by drone, compaired to the tobacco that was shoved up someones arse, the usual way.....ewwwwwww

Reactions: FULL METAL JACKET

·
Right-wing Sith
6,699 Posts
I feel it's only a matter of time before those things start dropping bombs on us. Some smart terrorist will figure out a way...

yep, call me paranoid
We must not allow a drone gap to develop between the Islamo-fascists and us.

We must build a fleet of anti-drone drones to defend America.

We can even mount lasers on some of them.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR7vwRC6SFE

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.