Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
big-bird is now taking credit for all the stabbings we are seeing in that armpit of america knows as NYC.

Thats the way Im reading it.

De Blasio credits less guns for more stabbings

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/100475345-story

NEW YORK (FOX5NY) - New York mayor Bill de Blasio is trying to put a positive spin on a recent rash of stabbings and slashings across the city. He credits the NYPD taking guns off of the street.
"I'm not a criminologist but I can safely say that guns are being taken off the street in an unprecedented way. Some people, unfortunately, are turning to a different weapon," de Blasio says.

New Yorkers have been on edge because of a series of highly-reported attacks, including several seemingly random attacks on the subways. The city was averaging more than 10 stabbing attacks a day in the first six weeks of the year.

he mayor claims that since there are so many fewer guns on the street, officers can now focus on criminals using knives and razors.

He says catching people committing minor infractions, so-called "broken windows" policing, is the key to getting weapons off of the streets.

·
Premium Member
2,392 Posts
NEW YORK (FOX5NY) - New York mayor Bill de Blasio is trying to put a positive spin on a recent rash of stabbings and slashings across the city. He credits the NYPD taking guns off of the street.
"I'm not a criminologist but I can safely say that guns are being taken off the street in an unprecedented way. Some people, unfortunately, are turning to a different weapon," de Blasio says.
I would say he's no rocket scientist either. but yeah, a stabbing can't be all that bad could it?? /SARC ON

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Dearth by knife is better than death by gun.

Gotcha

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
So he's basically saying what we've been saying all along....people will still try to kill others no matter the weapon. Take away the guns, they'll use knives. Take away knives and it;ll be clubs. Or motor vehicles.
How far down the list is my tactical self defense spork?

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
I'm so confused.

He wants to curtail Stop, Question & (possibly) Frisk, he wants to pretty-much allow Public Urination, Public Lewdness and Drinking in Public, but then says, ' catching people committing minor infractions, so-called "broken windows policing", is the key to getting weapons off the street.'

Isn't this an interesting quote, "I can safely say that guns are being taken off the street in an unprecedented way."
What exactly does that political mumbo-jumbo really mean? He didn't say gun arrests are up, or that the NYPD has taken X% more guns off the street than in previous years...he said "in an unprecedented way"........he really thinks people are idiots. I heard gun arrests are down so low these past few years......

NYC is far from the crime of the 80's-90's, but it's on its way.

Reactions: SemiAutoFetish
1 - 20 of 22 Posts