Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Banned
10,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I work at a bank currently, and something we need to do is verify official/bank checks. To do this we need to call customer service and have them verify that the person present has enough in their account to cover the check (e.g. if the check is made out for 500, and the person only had/has 100 in the bank, hell all I need is for them to verify the check was processed for x amount for x person). I call the customer service department and explain who I am, what I need, etc. While I was in mid-sentence the 'representative' made an audible sighing noise and hung up on me. That really pissed me off. Called back again and they were still unable to verify the information. Unbelievably unprofessional and very poor service. Just a heads up.

· Premium Member
5,853 Posts
They're the worst. I had a card with $3,000 on it and made regular payments with 14%. When my mom died suddenly I got behind on bills. It was a very bad time. I missed their due date by one day and they upped the APR to 29.9%. I signed up for automatic payments with the promise that in three months they'd reduce it. All I had to do was call back and they'd reduce it back to 14.

I called in three months and was told they need another six months of timely payments; in six months I was told, nope, another three months; called back, nope another 4 months. This nonsense went on for three years.

I finally sent a letter to hotshot Jamie Dymond by UPS with all my backup (I always wrote down employee name/id number, date, etc.) and in the end they refunded me almost $1,000 in interest and a reduced APR of 10% for the life of the debt.

Funny thing was, during the entire three years they gradually increased my credit line to $9,000 because I was such a valuable customer, lol. I rarely, rarely use the card and kept it only because the long-standing relationship looks good on my credit score.

· Premium Member
944 Posts
I am a VP at a competing Bank. I can say that verifying checks is something that many of us can no longer do. Poses to much of a security risk.

As for how they handled the situation. I agree that it was unprofessional.

· Registered
3,926 Posts
They're the worst. I had a card with $3,000 on it and made regular payments with 14%. When my mom died suddenly I got behind on bills. It was a very bad time. I missed their due date by one day and they upped the APR to 29.9%. I signed up for automatic payments with the promise that in three months they'd reduce it. All I had to do was call back and they'd reduce it back to 14.

I called in three months and was told they need another six months of timely payments; in six months I was told, nope, another three months; called back, nope another 4 months. This nonsense went on for three years.

I finally sent a letter to hotshot Jamie Dymond by UPS with all my backup (I always wrote down employee name/id number, date, etc.) and in the end they refunded me almost $1,000 in interest and a reduced APR of 10% for the life of the debt.

Funny thing was, during the entire three years they gradually increased my credit line to $9,000 because I was such a valuable customer, lol. I rarely, rarely use the card and kept it only because the long-standing relationship looks good on my credit score.
They are hardly the worst bank out there, ever use B ofA? or TD?

· Premium Member
5,853 Posts
They are hardly the worst bank out there, ever use B ofA? or TD?
When BoA assumed my mortgage from Countrywide I refinanced with a private lender. I've never used TD for anything but their loose change machines.

I've used Roslyn Savings Bank/NY Community Bank for 16 years for everything else. I'm very happy with their services.

Chase did the wrong thing by me for years with no excuse other than poor management. They're just one of many bad institutions, BoA being one of them.

· Premium Member
217 Posts
Used to be a Chase customer both personal and business for 30 plus years. They held my mortgage also and when we went to refinance they totally screwed me with timing and information. Mortgage guy screwed up the calculations and they didn't care and had to walk away from them. Moved all home and work accounts from them.

· Premium Member
6,792 Posts
I do most of my banking at Chase, but have been getting turned off lately. They have these new enhanced ATM machines inside and are trying to steer people to use them as opposed to the tellers. I have now 2x sat in a long line for a single teller while an employee stands stands there doing nothing but trying to guide you to the machine.

· Zombtac Operator
12,108 Posts
Jeesus H. gotta move my 5 million elsewhere...

btw remember how shady Bank of America is about 2A issues and others. So if you're gonna be all "convictions" it will become a real small world real soon. Bless u on your convictions though, grasshopper! Pepper those under 99K accounts and diversify in metals and grab-and-go valuables...

· Banned
10,833 Posts
Sounds like a crappy employee that is being poorly managed.
I'f I were so POd I'd have gotten her name and sent a letter on official letterhead to the branch, & district managers and the main office.
I
Was thinking about that, but ultimately I don't care. If that guy wants to be a d-bag then so be it. Just needed to vent a little and wanted to see how other people have been treated by them. Seems like most are treated well. Guess since I wasn't a customer they didn't want anything to do with me.

· Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Was thinking about that, but ultimately I don't care. If that guy wants to be a d-bag then so be it. Just needed to vent a little and wanted to see how other people have been treated by them. Seems like most are treated well. Guess since I wasn't a customer they didn't want anything to do with me.
Yeah you have to decide if it's worth your time to complain.

· Registered
9,468 Posts
Never had a issue with them. Always warmly greeted and transactions done quickly. Never been steered to a machine to be processed. Have used multiple locations in both Nassau and Suffolk ctys with no issues. When there is a line someone comes over to apologize for the wait or even by the teller.

· Registered
173 Posts
Gotta add that steering customers to the ATM is something we see more and more in society...go to the supermarket, they have 20 checkout lines available, only 1 or 2 cashiers, the rest scan yourself lines. Same at Home Depot and Lowes...try calling a doctors office or utility company. You have to jump through a million autumated prompts before you speak to a human, usually from INDIA, named"Mike". Society is going fully automated, and yet we can't seem to figure out why so many people are unemployed????

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.