Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine called me today to vent that Numrich Gun Parts Co. had denied him his order of 3 pre-ban Glock magazines. They were the same models that I myself had purchased from their site a couple of years ago with no problems.
I told him it was probably just an oversight by the person at sales thinking he was trying to buy a current issue hi-cap magazine. But in order to know for sure, I picked up the phone and called myself.
I wound up speaking with "Regina" from their customer service department. As soon as I so much as mentioned the pre-ban mags, her entire tone changed and she quickly cut me off saying something to the tune of: she had talked to me already and told me Numrich wouldn't ship hi-cap mags to Nassau County.
I calmly explained to her that this was the first time actually speaking with her and that my friend was the person she had talked to prior. I was just calling for clarification on why my friends order was denied.
I told her that Numrich had shipped me the exact same mags in the past and I still had the invoices. Regina explained to me that it is now the company policy of Numrich not to ship any hi-cap mags to anywhere in the state of New York, pre-ban or not. This new policy is 18 months old and when I had purchased my mags, it was prior to the policy being implemented. And so that was that.

So just to recap... Even though it's legal to buy, ship, transfer, and own pre-ban hi-cap mags in New York State, Numrich just decides to enact a policy essentially banning all NY residents from buying products which they can legally own. And to make matters worse, Numrich is a NY based company.

As far as I'm concerned, they will never get another penny of my hard earned money again...

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
I dont know, it sounds like they are just protecting themselves.

Look at what is going on right now in Nassau county. DA Rice raided and arrested good men for selling legally pinned rifles... (Which is a ridiculous requirement to begin with). Cant get much more backasswards than that. I totally understand when retailers refuse to ship to NY. I wish I could boycott NY myself, but as it turns out, I live here.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Numrich won't sell me legal 8 round magazines for my S&W .45, or my Beretta .380, just because my credit card bills to a NYC PO Box. I even offered to fax them my Suffolk license. Still no-go. They won't sell any magazines to NYC. period.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Don't blame them, they are just trying to save themselves from the very real possibility of trouble in dealing with our insane laws.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Or insane "not even laws"... :-/

·
Clinger
4,824 Posts
Someone said they are a New york based co. .. I wonder if they were "spoken to" and told a No Sales in N.Y. policy might benefit them ... cause it seems like the only place that would even purchase pre - ban magazines is New York

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
crashguy said:
Someone said they are a New york based co. .. I wonder if they were "spoken to" and told a No Sales in N.Y. policy might benefit them ... cause it seems like the only place that would even purchase pre - ban magazines is New York
I can't even get 8 round mags from them. So it's not even a pre-ban/post-ban thing.

·
Lousy Shot
16,249 Posts
Something about this really makes no sense, when you think about it. If anything, they should ship pre-ban mags ONLY to states like NY and CA where there are AWB restrictions. Newly manufactured magazines can go to free states. Shipping a pre-ban mag to AZ is just a waste of a pre-ban mag.

·
Registered
756 Posts
They won't sell any mags in NY last time I checked.  They have had this policy in place for some time.  I tried to buy some WWII Sten mags a couple of years ago and was denied.  You don't get much more pre-ban than WWII...  

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Legal doesn't mean immune from an attempt to prosecute by some overzealous NYS DA. It might cost more in legal fees to defend against one such lawsuit versus all the potential profits they can make shipping/selling magazines to NY so they've decided not to. I don't like it but I can't really fault them given the craziness that goes on in this state.

·
Premium Member
2,392 Posts
I've always used Numrich for those "tough to get" gun parts. Sometimes I'm amazed at the stuff you can actually find there. They've been around for many years too.

·
Registered
371 Posts
2edgesword said:
Legal doesn't mean immune from an attempt to prosecute by some overzealous NYS DA. It might cost more in legal fees to defend against one such lawsuit versus all the potential profits they can make shipping/selling magazines to NY so they've decided not to. I don't like it but I can't really fault them given the craziness that goes on in this state.
agreed!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.