Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone remember the story about the gun store on vets hwy in islandia? At this point  I can't even remember the name but I remember going there for cheap ammo but I think ammo was cheap everywhere back then. It's been gone a while maybe 15 years??? What was the story? Did they open shop somewhere else? I went one day and they were gone only reason I'm bringing it up now is a buddy and I were remenising .. Lol

·
Premium Member
6,119 Posts
They started out on Park La in Amityville in the early 90's then moved to Merrick Rd in Amityville, then out to Bohemia. They closed that location and were operating a mail order ammo/gun sales out on the east end somewhere. They closed in 2006. Here's the guy's site...

http://www.gunsnammo.com/

·
airbrushart
5,514 Posts
They started in New Hype Park on Jericho Turnpike then they moved east ti Islandia, remember going there several times, everything was always cheap.

·
INFIDEL
7,263 Posts
Wasnt that Burns Brothers on 25 in Riverhead in that brick building on the left as headed east? Opened just after they closed the store on Vets Hwy.  Its a bodega now..

·
Now an Ex NYer
25,015 Posts
They were on Edwards Ave in Calverton after they moved out of Islandia, they had a run in with a gov't official and were closed AFAIK

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
I knew them from Mantauk Hwy. in Amityville. Bought a Thompson from them many years ago (got rid of it 'cause I couldn't stand that looong barrel).
There was also a gun store next to 110 between Montauk Hwy. and Sunrise (just accross the street [west] of where the gazeebo is now).

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
If you mean the store in Riverhead on West Main Street near the Snowflake Ice Cream Store, the Vet, and Post Office it was open and closed so fast I think I got in there once and I live less than a mile away.   And yes, it's a bodega now.  With their closing it leaves darn few gun storers out on the East Eand....Edwards and Wally World mostly.   Boy, there's a contrast in retail sales concepts!!  

·
Banned
17,343 Posts
airbrushart said:
They started in New Hype Park on Jericho Turnpike then they moved east ti Islandia, remember going there several times, everything was always cheap.
The place on Jericho in NHP was called On Target. It was owned and or run by a guy named Neil.
North side of the street between NHP road and the firehouse.

·
INFIDEL
7,263 Posts
Trublu said:
Ahh edlemans more memories lol
Edelmans was the place you could go with a fist full of money to spend and the sales people would ignore you,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.