Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you out there are into CBs?

Thoughts on using them for meetups, 4x4, fishing/camping meetups etc?

I'm willing to get members involved if there is interest.

·
APPLESEED RIFLEMAN NRA LIFE-ENDOWMENT MEMBER
3,076 Posts
Using cb's again would be great.  I remember the frequencies were very crowded in the '70s.  I somehow feel this is no longer the case.  If we bring GMRS' to meetups and such, can they all use a single frequency so all the different makes and models of walkies can communicate with each other?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I haven't had a CB since Sanford & Son was in its original runs...my " handle" back then was Highway Star

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
I used to go by Bandit but that's a whole other movie. :zorro

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
My old handle was RAMBLING MAN I use to drive a old rambler that was my grand fathers and i was the only one besides my Mom who he let drive it

·
Registered
607 Posts
My hsndle used to be... oh, never mind, it's ancient history now.

I would like to get back in to CB, but wanted to have a radio that has the 10 meter ham freq as well as the 11 meter CB - in case TSHTF. Does a rig like that exist?

·
Registered
607 Posts
What is the size of the Kenwood TS-450?  The picture makes it look like a base station, certainly not something you can easily carry in a car or truck.

·
Registered
938 Posts
reodds said:
What is the size of the Kenwood TS-450? The picture makes it look like a base station, certainly not something you can easily carry in a car or truck.
yes that particular one was a base station. that has such a broad frequency range that there is no way you would be able to have all the different antennas on your vehicle.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Understood, but that brings me back to my original post - with a slight edit - is there a portable (car or truck mounted) radio that incorporates both 10 meter ham and 11 meter CB freqs?

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
reodds said:
Understood, but that brings me back to my original post - with a slight edit - is there a portable (car or truck mounted) radio that incorporates both 10 meter ham and 11 meter CB freqs?
Hmm, Galaxy 33 ?

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will be working on a discount / Group Buy for CBs. Interest??

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.