Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a gift card from my FL cousin for Christmas and its from sports authority. On it he wrote "spend it on ammo". I was so happy because most of my family is liberal. If not, it was a nice gesture.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
The one in Commack does. Limited amount of rifles/ammo.

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
I was in the Massapequa store a few weeks ago and they had ammo and some accessories. Considering how small the section was I was surprised that the ammo supply was decent.

Reactions: Destro

·
Registered
11,571 Posts
Massapequa does/did? - I know that when westbury stopped they shipped their stock to Massapequa. I haven't looked in a while though.

·
Banned
0 Posts
The one in stonybrook is totally useless. Was their not long before çhristmas and the store was dead. Don't see them being open much longer. I didn't even see a fishing department

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awsome thanks so much. I think I'm going to look at that mossberg bolt action 22lr in the thumbhole stock. I remember they had it in riverhead SA for 107$ but I passed smh.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The one in stonybrook is totally useless. Was their not long before çhristmas and the store was dead. Don't see them being open much longer. I didn't even see a fishing department
Ohh yea they got taken over by Dicks

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
Commack does but its is impossible to find someone to help you. Ammo is locked behind counter and only one employee seems to have access.. He is off shift or out to lunch and you will be leaving empty handed. Very frustrating that place.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
8,002 Posts
Does commack carry rifles? Maybe I'll call them in the AM
About two years ago I was going down south and wanted a Ruger 10/22 takedown. The only place at the time that had it in stock was that store. When I called at 6pm they said they had 2. I said I'd be right over. Twenty minute rush hour drive, I get there, clerk shows me the gun, I say great I'll buy it. Gun counter guy says he can't sell it to me. (I'm leaving the next morning) He says there has to be a manager present to co sign off on the sale. No manager would be there the rest of the night. No matter what i said, the guy said no sale. Commack SA is forever on my s##t list.

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
Riverhead, ammo and rifles,
Later, Steve
They had a combination of 10 firearms in total (shotguns, rifles, airguns) and only limited Winchester ammo the last time I was there... which was just before hunting season. The stores are a waste of time in my opinion.

·
Banned
964 Posts
Wow that would piss me off! I rember last year, a manager had to be present just for a customer to handle the firearm. What a crock of poop.

Cool thanks, I'll try and go this week!!!
wasnt a great selection but more than i expected, no .22lr of course. good luck finding someone to open the case lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts