Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
dislike Cuomo!
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whether you simply customized your AR-15 or restored/modernized a 50 year old rifle that was saturated with cosmoline, share the finished product (or the work-in progress).

I will start the thread off with a Mosin Nagant 91/30 that I refinished in a winter camouflage, snake skin pattern.

·
dislike Cuomo!
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='jake11751']A few of mine...

Mauser chassis.

Wow. very impressive transformation. Is that a kit or your own design?

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
mattyj513 said:
And this is something we built at the firehouse in our down time. Allegedly.
Ahh You must work in ENY or the Bronx?? 8)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Built, refinished the metal and wood on this Austrian StG58. Receiver is a pre-1994 import.

·
dislike Cuomo!
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jake11751 said:
Chassis was built by myself on a Bridgeport Mill in a few hours
Dude, I forgot about this post and this gun. It is friggen sweet! anymore pictures of it?

What caliber is the rifle?

·
dislike Cuomo!
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mattyj513 said:
And this is something we built at the firehouse in our down time. Allegedly.
Is that a rifle slung down the side of the guy behind you all the way to the left? I didn't know the army are allowed to have their rifles with them in public like that (not that they shouldn't, but I was surprised)

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
At one point that day the Marines were operating an 1 3/4 hose line while me and 2 other fireman were holding their M16s, ready to provide cover for them. At another point I waited on line with about 50 elementary school kids to sit in the cockpit of an AH-1 Cobra. I spent alot of time at that recruitment table, and my lovely wife kaboshed it the moment I got home.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts