Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a late jump on the day due to the car needing a rear wheel bearing. (Had to press in a new bearing) but, once on the road, headed to a few gun shops.

1st stop was Bensons. Ended up buying a used hand gun that was on consignment. Dealing with Mark is always a pleasure. Hands down, he's the best guy there.

Took a ride out to Coliseum in Uniondale for the 1st time. They had a lot of stuff there. Was tempted by a used 686-4 but it was kinda beat up so I passed. Picked up a box of .450 for my new Bushmaster "Thumper"

Next stop was South Shore Sportsman. Unfortunately, they were closed. They were the main reason I ventured into Nassau. Needless to say, I was disappointed to find them closed a little after 7pm on a Friday night,

Ended the trip at T&T Gunnery. Picked up a lil' something for my shotgun. Wanted to buy some .44 SPCL ammo but, the prices were higher than what I wanted to spend.

All in all, not a bad day. Got some items I needed and all shops I ventured into today were friendly and helpful.

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Now that's the way to spend a Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Highcaliber said:
Good job mate, what did you buy? Can I get a hint?
Yes Sir.

Purchased a 686 5" stainless revolver. It's my 1st 686 and i've been longing for one. This one will get shot a lot.

Also picked up some ammo for my new .450 "Thumper" Bushmaster. Looking forward to the 2010 hunting season.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
sounds like an awesome day. Im going to go to Orion7 on monday, Im hoping to pick up some parts for my 1903a3 and my M1a

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sfdfire37 said:
How do you like the thumper?
Good question that I wish I could answer. The Thumper upper is not here yet. Just waiting to slap it on my newly built LRB lower. You gotta see the .450 round...OMG, it's BIG. Should be fun to whack a feral hog with this rig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.