Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it was down for "repairs" in mid 2020 and I checked over this summer and it still wasn't open. To me their replies indicated they were never going to reopen it. I know I could call them but I'd rather ask the good folks here. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The last time that I was there in October, it was still closed.
Anybody else think this is a total farse? Excuse they gave me was that it would take a few days to complete and they couldn't afford to close the range down to fix it. How can they not afford to get it up and running? Monday and Tuesday they are closed, do it then. No way is it more than a 2 day job. Seems to me they don't want the Pistol range up. How does the Town of Brookhaven let them get away with this?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They told me that they were looking for labor/volunteers to help do the repairs.
I have asked them 3x since August 2020, latest was this September and they never used that excuse on me. Last excuse was that they couldn't afford to shut the range down to fix it. I emailed Town of Brookhaven and he said they leased the facility out and couldn't do anything about it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Who, in their right mind, could cook up a response indicating that we can't afford to shut down for a couple of days but can shut down indefinitely? I have never been there but have dealt with concessionaires in unrelated matters. They are under contractual obligation to function and serve the public for a given number of days and hours a week. If they don't they lose their license. Someones blowing smoke.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Rumors at the water cooler, they're just riding out their time, increasing range fees, making bank, and not spending if they really didn't have to, and "wadding" it out, and counting the dollars before they are out. Let the new management deal with it all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts