Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the desert Eagle became illegal when the S.A.F.E Act became law because it's weight is over 50oz. But I heard you can just buy the frame. Is that true?

Either way I think I will be waiting for the new 2015 version L5 which is under the 50oz rule.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I have never fired one, This was more of a gun I want just because it's wow factor. It's like buy a viper or dodge hell cat do you really need one no but they are fun to drive. I feel the same way about the desert eagle. It has no real purpose other than extreme power.

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
No, I have never fired one, This was more of a gun I want just because it's wow factor. It's like buy a viper or dodge hell cat do you really need one no but they are fun to drive. I feel the same way about the desert eagle. It has no real purpose other than extreme power.
The Viper I can understand. You can drive it whatever speed you choose. The Desert Eagle is either yes or no. Try a Delta Elite first (10mm).

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
Nope. They actually have a little faith that the information provided by their licensed pistol owners is legit. No receipts, renewals or inspections needed.
OMG, there must be blood running out of every school there.
I can't believe the news hasn't reported all the murders.
No one is safe. Run & hide Pate. Run and hide!

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Both the .44 and .50 are over 50 ozs and therefore currently prohibited. The baby is 9mm but it is a compact, sized more like a glock 19. There has been talk of a Polymer frame for the DE, but it had not materialized yet.

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Both the .44 and .50 are over 50 ozs and therefore currently prohibited. The baby is 9mm but it is a compact, sized more like a glock 19. There has been talk of a Polymer frame for the DE, but it had not materialized yet.
The only thing that the baby has in common with the standard D.E. is where they were originally manufactured (originally IMI and later IWI). There are 3 main versions of the baby now, the original, which is a rebranded Jericho 941 (which comes in both steel and polymer frames, in a few sizes and calibers), the baby eagle fast action, which is a rebranded walther P99 (or S&W P99), and apparently a baby eagle 3, which is an aesthetically updated version of the steel and poly framed originals, also now manufactured by bul.

If anyone likes to put too much emotionally feeling into their firearm purchases, magnum research (although since then magnum research has been purchased by Kahr) and bul teamed up several years ago to steal the 1911 design of Mark Kassnar (of Charles Daly & KBI), which they sell as the desert eagle 1911 and which also shut down CD and KBI, although Kassnar is back under IWI US, selling the Jericho 941, Uzi Pro, Tavor, & Galil Ace.

So FU Magnum Research (sort of) and Bul!

And there you have it.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Magnum Research (Kahr) was supposed to release a lighter weight (<50oz) desert eagle with integrated muzzle brake this year.
Pictures are circulating but no release date or price.
It's also supposed to be a 5" barrel, not 6".

http://www.americanr...t-desert-eagle/

Love my 44mag DE. Just obnoxious enough, and plenty of fun to shoot without the sprained wrists. LOL
I was just about to update this tread with this information I called up Magnum Research and they have a Q4 release time frame and no prices as of yet. But I'll probably buy one when it hits the market.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.