Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on a guided Elk hunt. 10 guys from all over met for the 1st time at a hunting camp out west. 8 of them were Dentists. I always thought that was curious. My doctor in Nassau County is a big hunter. He has hunting magazines in the waiting room.

It's an interesting topic, as most meat eating humans frown upon hunting. They have no problem putting a steak on the BBQ, with their twisted logic. But if you talk about how the animal was killed, and butchered, it's a taboo subject.

Reactions: M1014

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
I went on a guided Elk hunt. 10 guys from all over met for the 1st time at a hunting camp out west. 8 of them were Dentists. I always thought that was curious. My doctor in Nassau County is a big hunter. He has hunting magazines in the waiting room.

It's an interesting topic, as most meat eating humans frown upon hunting. They have no problem putting a steak on the BBQ, with their twisted logic. But if you talk about how the animal was killed, and butchered, it's a taboo subject.
Sigh.

You are confusing Liberal sinkholes with the rest of the country.
Hunting is not as taboo in free America as it is in the cities of liberal sinkholes like the one we live in.
Just like guns.
When I worked in finance in the city few could understand why I own "so many" guns.
At the time I think I owned 9 or 10 including handguns, shotguns & rifles.
(That's right Pate', 9 or 10 was a huge arsenal)
When I visited customers in free states I was a newb.
When customers from places like Houston, Memphis, & Minnesota found out I was a firearms enthusiast and a hunter, from New York of all places they were amazed. We then started shooting and hunting together.
Other business people played golf. We'd go on a goose hunt, shoot trap or go to a range.
The culture difference was amazing.

Just another reason why if anyone has the opportunity professionally to flee this liberal sinkhole they should.
I'm waiting for retirement
Of course liberals are always more vocal in their condemnation than normal people and the media is the Ivory soap of liberalism. 99.98% pure liberals, so their voice is heard.
When was the last time you saw a media report on the good work Hunters for the hungry do?
I don't mean a you tube video, I mean ABC, CBS, NY Times etc.
But Cecil the lion that was poached, is front page news and their is no distinction between this being a criminal act and a legitimate hunt.
Stop believing the liberal hype and just because we're surrounded here with those infected with their mental illness doesn't mean it's that way in free America..

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
reminds be of the picante sauce commercial. Where you from? New York City!

Reactions: Aquabach

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
I think most folks could care less about hunting.
kiling a lion so you can put its head on your wall isn't hunting.
Poaching isn't hunting.

Owning military grade assault weapons of mass destruction isn't normal firearms ownership either.
Nobody needs to own a military issued antique machine gun even if it's been converted to semi automatic.
We should make that illegal don't you think?

·
Banned
24,664 Posts
And as usual no one follows through with the story and social media might just have ruined another life for no reason.

They're looking into the guides practices but it's looking more and more like nothing illegal was done to take that lion. No one in that country even cares about him. I read an article last night that called it a "first world problem"

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
And as usual no one follows through with the story and social media might just have ruined another life for no reason.

They're looking into the guides practices but it's looking more and more like nothing illegal was done to take that lion. No one in that country even cares about him. I read an article last night that called it a "first world problem"
Glasses Hand Vision care Facial expression Mouth

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am a dentist. I do not hunt but I have no problem with those that responsibly harvest an animal for consumption or to help manage wildlife and game. I have no idea why the man's profession has anything to do with the story but somehow being a dentist makes him even more evil. If he were an electrician or pharmaceutical salesman it would somehow be less evil.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I am a dentist. I do not hunt but I have no problem with those that responsibly harvest an animal for consumption or to help manage wildlife and game. I have no idea why the man's profession has anything to do with the story but somehow being a dentist makes him even more evil. If he were an electrician or pharmaceutical salesman it would somehow be less evil.
It has to do with how much money you make.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

I don't have an issue with people hunting to eat or in self defense. It's killing primarily to put the animal's head on the wall then acting like it is some sort of accomplishment to take down a defenseless animal from 100 yards with a scoped rifle.

You want to impress me, put on a fur coat, some fangs, and claws and take the animal down on even ground.

·
Banned
11,831 Posts
Here's a blog post a friend of mine wrote about the incident.

http://thecuriousden...ns-to-dentists/
No offense meant to you but your "friend" sounds like part of the problem, buying into the emotion and assigning all sorts of legal and professional ramifications . I also found it curious that the only two comments were posted by people with the same first name as the author.
He's off my lectures to attend list.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
My sons orthodontist is a shooter, met him at Calverton a few times (probably shooting rifles I paid for).

But maybe dentists got a bad rap because of this:

So he was only shooting H&H $100k pieces?

Reactions: Mad Russian
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.