Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Get'er dun
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the letter from new Hampshire that I was denied because I have a restricted target/hunting permit. Anyone else have this problem?? Nassau only gives out these permits. And I don' t have a business to get a business permit.

·
Get'er dun
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got the letter from new Hampshire that I was denied because I have a restricted target/hunting permit. Anyone else have this problem?? Nassau only gives out these permits. And I don' t have a business to get a business permit.

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
Do you have another state license you could submit?  I seem to recall when I got my New Hampshire license I submitted my other non resident licenses along with my New York.  Keep in mind that my New York license is from a different part of this liberal sinkhole than yours, Suffolk county and has a sportsman designation.

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
Do you have another state license you could submit?  I seem to recall when I got my New Hampshire license I submitted my other non resident licenses along with my New York.  Keep in mind that my New York license is from a different part of this liberal sinkhole than yours, Suffolk county and has a sportsman designation.

·
SUPER STAR
5,508 Posts
I am sorry that you got denied. When I applied for NH, I sent a copy of my PA license so I wouldn't run into that problem.

I suggest getting an unrestricted FL, PA or Utah non res and then re-apply.

·
SUPER STAR
5,508 Posts
I am sorry that you got denied. When I applied for NH, I sent a copy of my PA license so I wouldn't run into that problem.

I suggest getting an unrestricted FL, PA or Utah non res and then re-apply.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Call them and let them know that your license is actually, and legally, a full carry license.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Call them and let them know that your license is actually, and legally, a full carry license.

·
Banned
7,713 Posts
Djcubinlinx said:
Had no problem getting one from them based on my Suffolk License.

·
Banned
7,713 Posts
Djcubinlinx said:
Had no problem getting one from them based on my Suffolk License.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
CJ said:
Just curious though. If yo have a PA, why do you need a NH? NH would only give you MS and AL.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
CJ said:
Just curious though. If yo have a PA, why do you need a NH? NH would only give you MS and AL.

·
SUPER STAR
5,508 Posts
FatWhiteMan said:
If I am going somewhere and I want to CCW, I will get a non-res license for THAT state. Call me crazy or nervous or scared, but I am not comfortable CCW'ing on a reciprocal non-res license. Perfect example carrying in NH on a PA non res and being from NY would be illegal.

I am sure its done all the time. Just be careful and look into your destination and their views on reciprocity with NON-RESIDENT Licenses. NH, FL, CO, MI and SC do not honor non resident licenses.

·
SUPER STAR
5,508 Posts
FatWhiteMan said:
If I am going somewhere and I want to CCW, I will get a non-res license for THAT state. Call me crazy or nervous or scared, but I am not comfortable CCW'ing on a reciprocal non-res license. Perfect example carrying in NH on a PA non res and being from NY would be illegal.

I am sure its done all the time. Just be careful and look into your destination and their views on reciprocity with NON-RESIDENT Licenses. NH, FL, CO, MI and SC do not honor non resident licenses.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts