Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gone off Democratic recently? Have they fenced off the inlet access for piping plovers already?

·
Just zis guy, you know?
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I havnt been, but someone told me yesterday that Smithpoint is shut down, true?
Yea, there's a sign on William Floyd south that the Outer Beach is closed.

·
Premium Member
7,162 Posts
Demo is supposedly closed on both sides.. Smith Point Outer beach is closed until further notice..

Isn't it funny that the plovers only nest at beaches that don't generate additional revenue for the county/state? They don't like Main Beach in east hampton or even Robert Moses Field 2..

·
Be vewwy qwuiet, I'm hunting Giwaffes...
5,857 Posts
Demo is supposedly closed on both sides.. Smith Point Outer beach is closed until further notice..

Isn't it funny that the plovers only nest at beaches that don't generate additional revenue for the county/state? They don't like Main Beach in east hampton or even Robert Moses Field 2..
That's because Piping Plovers are self-entitled Progressives. It's true, Sir David Attenborough told me so.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
The plover is in the first cut at smiths that's why its closed, demo is shut down on the front and back according to my son he went the other night. I am not so sure about not generating additional income for the state or county the permits still get sold and we all know that once the plover start walking around its all over until they fledge about the middle of August. I just wish they would mate like crazy so that there is enough nesting pairs around and they come off the endangered list then the beaches do not have to be shut down, probably wont see it in my lifetime or whats left of it in ny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.