Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a decent deer scope.  For my marlin 30-06.  I mainly hunt upstate new york .  Whats a decent one that isnt gunna break the bank?

·
I'm begging to be banned!
1,135 Posts
Meopta MeoPro 3-9x42....Just saying...$399 Lifetime Transferable Warranty

It will also give you that extra 1/2 hour in the morning and evening that other scopes will not!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was looking at the leupolds... they seem to get the best reputation on the internet.

I also was looking at that exact nikon.

meopta i have never herd of, what do u mean by the extra 1/2 hour?

·
1,135 Posts
fadetoblack188 said:
i was looking at the leupolds... they seem to get the best reputation on the internet.

I also was looking at that exact nikon.

meopta i have never herd of, what do u mean by the extra 1/2 hour?
The advanced Multi Coated Lenses allow for superior light transmission and the optical quality allows for you to clearly take a shot early in the day and late at night. Did i mention these are made here on LI?

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
lowest start vari power you can get with a 50 mm glass... that full field of view is very helpful when the critters are running

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Bushnell Elite 3200 for $149.00, I have them on three Lever actions that I hut with in upstate NY, two of them are on the top XLR's.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
If you don't need magnification and can use a dot reflex sight, the Trijicon RX34A-51 with its 4.5 moa brite amber tritium dot is one of the finest quick acquisistion sights I have ever used and it works on everything, from an AR-10, AR-15, bolt action rifle, Kriss 45-ACP carbine, Kel-Tec KSG, Sub2000 and every Mossberg shotgun I own. The price is less than $500 and it's rugged and never needs batteries.

·
Sifting Through the Ruins
7,979 Posts
CAP1974 said:
Bushnell Elite 3200 for $149.00, I have them on three Lever actions that I hut with in upstate NY, two of them are on the top XLR's.
]
Probably the best quality for the buck scope on the market.
Next best is the Redfields and Leopold VX1's (both made in the USA by the way)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
think iam gunna go with the Leopold VX1

u think the camo scope on a black rifle will look stupid?

·
1,135 Posts
just buy a black scope. IF you sell it it is easier to market.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Not many people have heard of Konus, i was one of those people however after a friend told me about them and what a great experience he had I gave it a try.
Let me tell you that for the money they are built very well, bright glass and it holds focus on my .308 just fine.

I've only been to the range with it so far and plan on using it on a hunting trip come deer season.

I paid $95 with shipping from Midway.

http://www.konuspro.com/en/site/product_description/3x_9x40mm_1

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/578251/konus-pro-550-rifle-scope-3-9x-40mm-ballistic-reticle-matte

1 - 15 of 15 Posts