Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Banned
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a Fla non resident license so I really didn't need a Pa license for reciprocity.
I decided to get it just to help support Centre County and Sheriff Nau.
I mailed my application on May 7th and received license on May 13th.
I copied it and reduced it by 60% and had it laminated, now it fits in my wallet.
26 dollares for 5 years, you can't go wrong.
Thanks to the members of this site for pointing me in this direction.

·
Banned
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I already have a Fla non resident license so I really didn't need a Pa license for reciprocity.
I copied it and reduced it by 60% and had it laminated, now it fits in my wallet.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I am jealous.

My license cannot come soon enough.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I am jealous.

My license cannot come soon enough.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I got my Centre county license in appx 8 days. Sheriff Nau is top shelf in my book.
I steer as many friends as I can to Centre county for their license.
TJ

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I got my Centre county license in appx 8 days. Sheriff Nau is top shelf in my book.
I steer as many friends as I can to Centre county for their license.
TJ

·
Registered
549 Posts
BillSpider said:
Good turn around time. So you scanned it and reduced it by 60%...is it the size of a regular license now? And is it legible?

·
Registered
549 Posts
BillSpider said:
Good turn around time. So you scanned it and reduced it by 60%...is it the size of a regular license now? And is it legible?

·
APPLESEED RIFLEMAN NRA LIFE-ENDOWMENT MEMBER
3,076 Posts
Was thinking of showing support for the sheriff too.  I have a license to CCW in PA via reciprocity from Utah.  Would they accept that to get an actual PA license?

·
3,076 Posts
Was thinking of showing support for the sheriff too.  I have a license to CCW in PA via reciprocity from Utah.  Would they accept that to get an actual PA license?

·
SUPER STAR
5,508 Posts
Starman said:
Was thinking of showing support for the sheriff too. I have a permit to CCW in PA via reciprocity from Utah. Would they accept that to get an actual PA license?
Do you have a NY pistol license? I believe one of the requirements is having a license in your home state.

·
SUPER STAR
5,508 Posts
Starman said:
Was thinking of showing support for the sheriff too. I have a permit to CCW in PA via reciprocity from Utah. Would they accept that to get an actual PA license?
Do you have a NY pistol license? I believe one of the requirements is having a license in your home state.

·
3,076 Posts
No not yet.  the only thing it says on the actual application is "OTHER THAN PENNSYLVANIA, DO YOU POSSESS A CURRENT LICENSE, PERMIT, OR SIMILAR DOCUMENT TO CARRY A FIREARM ISSUED FROM ANOTHER STATE?  IF YES, ATTACH A PHOTOCOPY OF THE DOCUMENT TO THIS FORM."  I am thinking since I already have the right to CCW in PA, why not just give me the license already?

·
3,076 Posts
No not yet.  the only thing it says on the actual application is "OTHER THAN PENNSYLVANIA, DO YOU POSSESS A CURRENT LICENSE, PERMIT, OR SIMILAR DOCUMENT TO CARRY A FIREARM ISSUED FROM ANOTHER STATE?  IF YES, ATTACH A PHOTOCOPY OF THE DOCUMENT TO THIS FORM."  I am thinking since I already have the right to CCW in PA, why not just give me the license already?

·
Registered
659 Posts
I just received my Pennsylvania license too! Mailed the application on Friday, July 16. I had the license in my hand on July 23, exactly 7 days later. And I did not enter my SS# on the application (it says optional), but this obviously did not delay the process for me.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I just received my Pennsylvania license too! Mailed the application on Friday, July 16. I had the license in my hand on July 23, exactly 7 days later. And I did not enter my SS# on the application (it says optional), but this obviously did not delay the process for me.

·
3,076 Posts
I sent Sheriff Nau an email asking him if I have the Utah license, which gives me the ability to CC in PA, can I get the PA license without having the Suffolk County, NY (Home State) license.  If I don't get a response by tonight, I will call tomorrow.  In any case I will keep everyone informed on what he says.

·
3,076 Posts
I sent Sheriff Nau an email asking him if I have the Utah license, which gives me the ability to CC in PA, can I get the PA license without having the Suffolk County, NY (Home State) license.  If I don't get a response by tonight, I will call tomorrow.  In any case I will keep everyone informed on what he says.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
You may run into a problem because you need a ccw to carry in your home state. Which Utah does not do.
But the fact you pass the background check in Utah who knowa. Give it a shot.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
You may run into a problem because you need a ccw to carry in your home state. Which Utah does not do.
But the fact you pass the background check in Utah who knowa. Give it a shot.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts