Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,064 Posts

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ptac-16-m4-5-56-nato-slick-side-1-9-rifle-kit.html?utm_source=Clearance+PTAC+Rifle+Kit+%24299.99&utm_campaign=Constant+Contact&utm_medium=email

PTAC 16" M4 5.56 NATO SLICK SIDE 1:9 RIFLE KIT - 504084
1 Review | Add Your Review
IN STOCK
Was $ 599.99 Now $ 299.99
Qty:
ADD TO CART
SKU: 504084
UPC: 504084
MFR#:
Specifications:
Barrel Length: 16"
Barrel Profile: M4
Barrel Steel: 4150V
Barrel Finish: Phosphate
Chrome Lining: No
Muzzle Thread: 1/2-28
Chamber: 5.56 NATO
Twist Rate: 1:9
Barrel Extension: M4
Diameter at Gas Block: .750
Gas Block Type: Front-sight base F Marked
Muzzle Device: A2 Flash hider
Receiver Material: Forged 7075 T6
Receiver Type: Slick Side with T Marks
Hand guard Type: Standard Carbine
Bolt Carrier Group Included: Yes
Bolt Steel: Carpenter 158
Bolt Carrier Profile: Full-auto
Charging Handle included: Yes
Overall Length: 24"
Weight as configured: 4.35 lbs
Includes PSA Freedom Lower Build Kit

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
its a good deal for a nothing special AR. I have two PSA uppers and am happy with them. if you do not mind a loose upper to lower fit and some finish issues, its a great way to get started and to learn the AR platform. or just want a cheaper AR to use as a woods gun.

Best deal on that upper without a BCG is usually about $189, and for the BCG best sale price is about $89, so its a good deal. but do not expect people to gawk over it when you show them it. they will be more amazed how cheap it was than anything else

·
8,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
8,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Uh-oh...
12,517 Posts
Built this for a LEO friend of mine around Christmas. PSA kit (not P-Tac) 1:7 stainless barrel, Anderson lower, $450 total, (including all shipping, taxes, FFL fee) as pictured. Added an AIM Sports rear BUIS, and a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot for less than $100 extra.
View attachment 52920

It's tough to beat PSA's Black Friday sales.
Add a thread protector, a $20 spur grip, and pin the stock, or just fix the mag.
[/quote]

Although that is/was a good deal, the Black Friday deals are a bit better. That kit I linked to above was a PSA, not P-Tac, and was not a slick side. $399, shipped free. Added an Anderson lower from Jerry, (transfer fee included) and away we went.

(ETA: Oops. A little cerebral flatulence on my part. The PSA kit I built was $399, not $299. But it was a little better kit. Sorry for any confusion.)

Looks like those P-Tac uppers shoot just fine.
http://www.longislandfirearms.com/forum/topic/95806-those-garbage-black-friday-uppers/

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
I have a stripped Bushmaster upper and lower. Will parts from this work to get me closer?

·
Uh-oh...
12,517 Posts
I have a stripped Bushmaster upper and lower. Will parts from this work to get me closer?
Yep. Although, the upper in this kit is a "slick side", meaning no forward assist, or dust cover. If you wanted to use your Bushy stripped upper, you'd have to buy those parts separately.

If you need any tools, or the correct barrel nut grease, don't be afraid to ask.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have a ptac rifle and have zero issues or complaints. Also I have 2 regular psa uppers I built with there lowers and love them. No complaints and they stepped up there shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Are the BCG, bolt , etc., and lower parts interchangeable or is it better to have matched parts? I was looking for a longer barrel 18 or 20. Any kits like that around?

·
Sharp Shooter!
3,914 Posts
I have a ptac rifle and have zero issues or complaints. Also I have 2 regular psa uppers I built with there lowers and love them. No complaints and they stepped up there shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They definitely stepped up to the plate in their shipping dept. My boss ordered an upper last Monday afternoon, and he was sending me a picture of it early Friday Afternoon on his dining room table. I was shocked to say the least.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.