Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
Joined
·
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How could this happen? Isn't D.C. a gun free zone?

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/19250329/dc-superior-court-judge-held-up-and-robbed-at-gunpoint

DC Superior Court judge robbed at gunpoint

WASHINGTON -

A D.C. Superior Court judge, who recently presided over a high-profile murder case, was robbed at gunpoint last Friday while walking with two others through an upper Northwest D.C. neighborhood.

Judge Ronna Beck was walking with her law clerk and the clerk's boyfriend when two men with guns approached from behind and announced a robbery.

Judge Beck, who recently presided over the trial of five men convicted in the South Capitol Street drive-by murders, did what the robbers wanted and was not hurt in the holdup.

In fact, all three turned over their valuables, telling police the men jumped into a car and fled east toward 16th Street.

According to a police report, the judge and two companions had just left a tennis match over at 16th Street and Kennedy Streets and were walking near the intersection of 17th and Crittenden Streets when two men with guns came up from behind and said "Turn around, give me all your money, drop it."

The judge turned over her purse, which contained a hundred dollars in cash. She also lost her cars keys and a judge's badge. Her two companions turned over their wallets.

The stickup was just one of nine robberies or attempted robberies in the city that day on August 3, according to what D.C. Police reported on its Twitter account.

In fact, robberies have been a major problem for police in recent years -- most of them involving the theft of electronic devices from people on the street.

According to statistics on the D.C. Police website, robberies involving a gun are up 19 percent when compared with the same time last year, and robberies without a gun are up three percent.

The judge's purse, keys and badge were recovered by police but it is unclear how or where.

Judge Beck is 64 years old and has been on the bench since 1995.

Through a spokesperson, the judge declined to comment citing the ongoing investigation.

No one was hurt. There have been no arrests.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,030 Posts
Tonto said:
Judge Beck, who recently presided over the trial of five men convicted in the South Capitol Street drive-by murders, did what the robbers wanted and was not hurt in the holdup.
This line almost made me puke!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,563 Posts
Know what?...   LMAOOOOO!!!!!!!!!   sorry, I just find it amusing to hear that a DC gov't employee got robbed...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,395 Posts
To bad she didn't have one of the "Gun Free Zone" sign to point to.
And some think there is no justice any more!!
 

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
Joined
·
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dchilde said:
To bad she didn't have one of the "Gun Free Zone" sign to point to.
And some think there is no justice any more!!
That's what I was thinking too!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,881 Posts
Oh the irony. When will people wake up (especially in DC)? I'm glad they're all ok.

I can't help but wonder if at least one of them comes away from this thinking "Gee, if I were armed I would have been able to defend myself. Who made up this stupid gun-free zone law anyway?" :-/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,987 Posts
Lovemyglock said:
Oh the irony. When will people wake up (especially in DC)? I'm glad they're all ok.

I can't help but wonder if at least one of them comes away from this thinking "Gee, if I were armed I would have been able to defend myself. Who made up this stupid gun-free zone law anyway?" :-/
I got $5 that says the exact opposite happens. One will think "Gee, we really need more legislation against guns", never giving any thought to the fact that their ROBBER was committing an ILLEGAL act while ILLEGALLY possessing an ILLEGAL gun which he obtained ILLEGALLY.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,881 Posts
Mosin1942 said:
I got $5 that says the exact opposite happens. One will think "Gee, we really need more legislation against guns", never giving any thought to the fact that their ROBBER was committing an ILLEGAL act while ILLEGALLY possessing an ILLEGAL gun which he obtained ILLEGALLY.
I got $10 that says you're right :-/ very sad. My optimism got the best of me.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top