Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still no electric here.
Anybody seen an insurance adjuster? Any info on what is and what is not covered? I've logged several thousand dollars of automotive test equipment. Heard that tools aren't covered.
Ripped out my own house. Mountains of debris. Seems I would have been paid if I laid it out to pay someone but gonna get bent over being paid federal minimum wage for doing it myself.
Anyone have info on central AC, generators, power equipment, etc, that was under 4 feet of salt water?
I'm about at the end of my rope.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
If you have flood insurance and your first floor got flooded everything is covered from contents to rip out to replacement to the blowers and hepa machines. If its your basement then the tear out is covered, recepitacals are covered, boiler, hot water heater and washer and dryer as well as pumping out the water. if you did the tear out yourself you will not get reimbursed. If someone did the work for you then you will get reimbursed. Contents is not covered in the basement but the stuff I mentioned. Been there 4 years in a row. 3 out of 4 years I had insurance. But im still in the negative because i had to replace the basement 3 times since our nanny lives there.

I made my claim Tues night the day after the hurricane and my adjuster came out this monday from allstate

·
Banned
24,899 Posts
We lost 3 houses to the flood... Adjuster coming Sunday. No contents insurance. Did you file for FEMA assistance? They already gave my parents 3k for living expenses. Also heard they will give up to 30k contents eventually. Place is an absolute mess.

Need anything, lmk... Shower, laundry, anything!!!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
also go to disasterassistance.org and file a claim with fema. whatever your insurance wont cover fema may. they came to my house last friday. I made the claim last wed. i already recieved $4000 into account from them yesterday

·
-1 Arisaka Type 99
1,516 Posts
PM Stevewolf he's an adjuster
+1 He just came by my place to take a look. The company he's with is inundated with calls and claims. He said he's working 16 hour days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts