Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked in to purchase a two pack of gsg-5 mags...got em. Great price.
After chatting with Bruce for a little bit about future purchases I put down a deposit on a hi-point 9mm carbine he had in stock for less than a week.

I'll be picking it up tomorrow.
Killer price on an item I never expected to buy. LOL

I can't go there to just buy one item...it never ends!

Thanks Again Bruce!!
 

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
Joined
·
11,589 Posts
Nice!  I was actually looking for one myself .  I even passed by today while going to an appt...didn't have time to stop in though.  Did you happen to notice if he had any more?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He has a .40sw hi-point in stock. He said he always has the 9mm on order.
He never knows when he'll get it in. Which was why I scooped this one up.
It really is a great rifle for the price!
 

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
Joined
·
11,589 Posts
Which model did you get?  I've been thinking of getting the 995TSRD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The stock is a skeleton type one with the recoil spring pad thingy.
Don't think I need to replace it felt pretty comfortable to me.. But again..what the hell do I know?! LOL
and it definitely needs the red dot or halo site.
It has no light, laser or forward grip.
Not sure what model it is right now.
I'm picking it up tomorrow. :)
 

·
Gun guru (poseur)
Joined
·
6,177 Posts
O1SalsaX said:
What accessories do you guys put on these rifles that work well?
Mine came with the front-grip. I do like the feel of it, and the HP front grip has a place to store the take-down tool, which is convenient.

Depending upon what you want to do with it, or how you're feeling, you can add lots of toys to it. Flashlights, red dots, lasers, etc. As it's an inexpensive weapon one doesn't have to go all Aimpoint/Eotech on the accessories, so it can be a cheap way to get your tacticool out of your system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm thinking that it'll be a cheap home defense rifle that the wife could use.
So I think a light and laser would probably be a good idea and definitely a red dot of some sort.
How is the front fold down handle?
 

·
Bangkok rules. Now who has a can?
Joined
·
11,589 Posts
Lemming said:
Mine came with the front-grip. I do like the feel of it, and the HP front grip has a place to store the take-down tool, which is convenient.

Depending upon what you want to do with it, or how you're feeling, you can add lots of toys to it. Flashlights, red dots, lasers, etc. As it's an inexpensive weapon one doesn't have to go all Aimpoint/Eotech on the accessories, so it can be a cheap way to get your tacticool out of your system.
I'm planning on getting the model with the red dot & then adding the front grip on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Went to Bruce today to pick up a new AK and look for a Glock for my wife. As always Bruce is a gentleman. I was going to have him order a rifle for me when he had what I was looking for in the shop. As always the transfer went smoothly. Always a pleasure working with Bruce!
 

·
Gun guru (poseur)
Joined
·
6,177 Posts
O1SalsaX said:
I'm thinking that it'll be a cheap home defense rifle that the wife could use.
So I think a light and laser would probably be a good idea and definitely a red dot of some sort.
How is the front fold down handle?
A wise thought, if only because it's the 995TSFG I leave out for my wife when I'm travelling. She doesn't shoot much, and is pretty recoil sensitive. Since we don't have pistol licenses a 9mm carbine is a great choice. The one downside to the 995 is the 10 round magazine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
O1SalsaX said:
I walked in to purchase a two pack of gsg-5 mags...got em. Great price.
After chatting with Bruce for a little bit about future purchases I put down a deposit on a hi-point 9mm carbine he had in stock for less than a week.

I'll be picking it up tomorrow.
Killer price on an item I never expected to buy. LOL

I can't go there to just buy one item...it never ends!

Thanks Again Bruce!!
:pics2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
claimbo said:
Went to Bruce today to pick up a new AK and look for a Glock for my wife. As always Bruce is a gentleman. I was going to have him order a rifle for me when he had what I was looking for in the shop. As always the transfer went smoothly. Always a pleasure working with Bruce!
Hah! Were you there around 3pm or so? I came in as you were finishing payment, etc..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Really! That's a small world.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top