Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what point did D-icks sporting goods start carrying guns that weren't so very . . . Elmer Fudd? They actually have Stag Arms (just a model 3, but that's a start), and they also have a GSG that looks similar to the MP5. That's a long shot from what I remember a year or two ago, where they had just a whole lot of "hunting style" guns (read; no ARs or anything else close to looking "tacticool")

I still would rather go to suffolk sportsman, but it looks like they're actually starting to try and appeal to the younger crowd.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
They go where the money is. Those are the big money rifles due to volume of sales.

·
Problem solver... maker... solver... maker.
6,238 Posts
Right after all the charges were dropped from the local stores. Colts, Bushmasters, Stags. Even have them advertised in the Sunday circulars now.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The Dicks in Lake Grove actually had a Troy AR the other day...wasn't too badly priced either for a decent quality "mass market" rifle.

·
Banned
0 Posts
I was in Dicks in Commack today and was told by the supervisor of the firearm section that if we think they have been stepping it up a bit in the tactical firearm world, just wait, they are really going to start pushing a lot of AR's and apparently AK's into the store soon. And just a heads up, they are going to be running a nicer ammo sale then what they have going on right now. I'm all about supporting the local stores because obviously if it wasn't for them we would be in even worse shape but no harm in taking advantage of d***'s Sporting Goods sales. Plus the more guns brought into Dicks and sold just makes the liberals angry! Especially Rice!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
amen to that!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I was in Dicks in Commack today and was told by the supervisor of the firearm section that if we think they have been stepping it up a bit in the tactical firearm world, just wait, they are really going to start pushing a lot of AR's and apparently AK's into the store soon. And just a heads up, they are going to be running a nicer ammo sale then what they have going on right now. I'm all about supporting the local stores because obviously if it wasn't for them we would be in even worse shape but no harm in taking advantage of d***'s Sporting Goods sales. Plus the more guns brought into Dicks and sold just makes the liberals angry! Especially Rice!
i was there too. Its so awesome how dicks has these amazing sales. $50 off / $25 off, Its very hard to walk out of there without buying something.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Bought my Stag model 3 the other day from d***'s. Was advertised on sale @$849.99 scanned @ $799.99. Accessories are still expensive though. 10rd. mag $39.99 whew!

·
Zombtac Operator
12,183 Posts
I believe he recently posted on LIF.

AKs at Deek's? That I would have to see.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Dicks has some nice guns that's for sure. Good prices too

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
Just bought a cheap HD shotgun from a member on the forum that works at Dicks, they had plent of AR's and GSG's on the rack.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Pretty sure i was looking at dicks flyer last week and they had 5 different Ars "on sale"

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Earmuffs.

·
LIVE FREE OR DIE
3,118 Posts
The Dicks in Lake Grove actually had a Troy AR the other day...wasn't too badly priced either for a decent quality "mass market" rifle.
The Troy AR's are only available at Dick's and are an exclusive. The first 500 have a billet aluminum receiver with certificate of authenticity.

They now are carrying all sorts of tacticool rifles here in the NY Dicks Sporting Goods.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Pretty glad to hear they're expanding. I bought my first .22 from Dicks in 2010. While I've since bought several firearms from local shops here in Suffolk County, I still like the idea of Dicks carrying cooler guns. I almost always buy my ammo from Dicks as its cheaper than the local stores usually.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've always been going there for their Buy 1 get 1 half off Remington 12ga shells, i get their game loads and gun club loads. They are already both marked down to 5.50 a box and than they do buy 1 get 1 half off, with no limit to how many you buy. Let's just say I usually need a shopping cart when i'm there
Great prices on clays too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts