Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
And kind of a PSA....

Just got back fromy local CVS and figured out they (in a scrip of 90 pills) they mixed on 40 half dose pills for one of my kids. Clearly two different colors mixed together(yellow vs white) that should be painfully apparent under pharmacy condition lighting

Two weeks ago they shorted my wife 28 pills on a 90 day scrip.

If you don't already, always check your prescription out before you start it. ID your pills yourself, check that the dose and the count are correct. Know exactly what the doc/PA ordered. It's more difficult when the prescriber just shoots the scrip to the pharmacy on their iPhone and you never Hold it in your hand. Make a point to get the info yourself.

Here's a good site for checking your pills by shape, color, and imprints.
http://www.drugs.com/imprints.php
Each year 1.3 million people are injured by prescription medication mistakes. Don't be one of them

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I used to work for a pediatrician. The pharmacies often made mistakes. Always double check... I truck no one with things that involve my safety.

Reactions: O1SalsaX

·
Listen up,I don't dial 911.
3,586 Posts
You really need to call CVS corp. and let them know. Suppose a person dies from the next mistake? They will say it's a one time incident,if you make a report there is a pattern in place.
Would you get on a plane and fly if the pilot made critical mistakes?

·
Runs with scissors
1,754 Posts
I have prescription coverage through CVS and I still refuse to shop there. They screwed me way too many times - wrong prescription, not exact number of pills, lost prescriptions, etc.
I go to Walgreens, even though I have to pay more for not using CVS.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
About 6 months ago I had it out with one of the cvs's my family dealt with. They were screwing up on and off for a couple years but we stayed because that had the whole families records, scrips and all that stuff they need to do their job of prescription hand overs . Call it lazy on my part but it was easier staying with them them moving all that info and starting new with another company. Well the screwed the pooch big time with a couple of very important Meds causing lapses in treatment and basically didn't give a Fk. I had the manager called over and let him know what happened in no uncertain terms and told him were done here despite his pleas for him to make it right. All our business is with Walgreens now and so far so good.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
I get my scripts from the VA so it's pretty easy to track and monitor mine. If that's an option for you, use it.
I've also heard positive things about Costco Pharmacy. Can use their Pharmacy even if not a member.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I use Rite Aid in Oakdale for my meds.

They've shorted me in the past, by mistake, I'm sure, and it's a rare occurrence.

Each time it's happened I've gone back and they correct it for me, no questions asked.

·
Powderfinger
2,473 Posts
Going to the CVS in East Hampton for me felt like a prison sentence.

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
I get my scripts from the VA so it's pretty easy to track and monitor mine. If that's an option for you, use it.
I've also heard positive things about Costco Pharmacy. Can use their Pharmacy even if not a member.
I'd trust a drunken meth addict with Alzheimers with my prescriptions before I'd go to the VA.

I use Walmart. The one in PA is great. My parents started using them over 20 years ago. The one here in Islandia not so much. But they have never given me the wrong meds for my Mom, only a 30 day supply when it was written for 90.

·
Premium Member
11,465 Posts
This make sense to me know my moms med always seem to be short by a couple of days.
I use the one on old town

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
I had a huge issue with a medication from CVS, as THEY DO NOT PHYSICALLY COUNT the pills, they BACK COUNT out of the bottles the meds come in, and to their dismay the supplier sent bottles of 60 not 100, so they thought they were giving me #180 when they gave me #100, the funny thing is the bottle the meds were in would not fit #180, the guy accused me of stealing the pills. I told him, put #180 in that bottle, and it would not close. I called the SCPD on them and filed a complaint.. The next morning I got a call saying we're sorry we did not realize the suppier was shipping bottles of 60 not 100. I said "I thought you check twice". They said they did, I said "back counting" is an accepted practice, and it turns out it is. These ******* idiots do not verify the bottle counts from suppliers.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
I'd trust a drunken meth addict with Alzheimers with my prescriptions before I'd go to the VA.

I use Walmart. The one in PA is great. My parents started using them over 20 years ago. The one here in Islandia not so much. But they have never given me the wrong meds for my Mom, only a 30 day supply when it was written for 90.
I hear ya but they have done ok by me and honestly, it's convenient. Bag-O-melds shows up in the mail once a month and because I'm service connected they are either free or $8 depending on what it's for.
VA has largely gotten away from the Pharmacy refill at the medical center practice and it's majority by mail now.
For me it works but I know where your point of view comes from.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.