Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. So, assuming I'm a Ct. non-resident pistol license holder, can I drive through Ct. with another New Yorker and his guns.

Or put another way, if I'm a Ct. non-resident license holder, I can take my wife to Ct. to shoot, and I can take my own guns. If a buddy and his wife come along, can he bring his guns? This all assumes "Lock box carry". We're both legal in NY, and I'm legal in Ct. Ct. doesn't list guns on a license like NY does. So ... can we bring my buddy's guns along as well?

·
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
O.K. So, assuming I'm a Ct. non-resident pistol license holder, can I drive through Ct. with another New Yorker and his guns.

Or put another way, if I'm a Ct. non-resident license holder, I can take my wife to Ct. to shoot, and I can take my own guns. If a buddy and his wife come along, can he bring his guns? This all assumes "Lock box carry". We're both legal in NY, and I'm legal in Ct. Ct. doesn't list guns on a license like NY does. So ... can we bring my buddy's guns along as well?

·
Banned
594 Posts
If you are stopped by law enforcement and produce a CT license he may check to see your NY license and see you have pistols listed and checks the make & serial numbers and discovers that you have a few not listed on your license that could turn into a major headache.I herd something about a NY license holder was carrying concealed out of state, I believe it was PA and he got jammed up because his home state county restricted his license.

·
Banned
594 Posts
If you are stopped by law enforcement and produce a CT license he may check to see your NY license and see you have pistols listed and checks the make & serial numbers and discovers that you have a few not listed on your license that could turn into a major headache.I herd something about a NY license holder was carrying concealed out of state, I believe it was PA and he got jammed up because his home state county restricted his license.

·
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once I leave NY, my NY license is moot.

If I remember, I'll call Ct. and ask them.

·
12,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once I leave NY, my NY license is moot.

If I remember, I'll call Ct. and ask them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts