Long Island Shooters Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
11,631 Posts
Cool! Please make sure the officer printing the cards for the day, print correctly. Ct. state police are notorious for rejecting cards...
Most of the older police officers have knowledge and experience rolling ink prints cards. The most important thing for you to check is that the officer write down their name and put the Agency name and address on the print card. Let the officer do the work, don't put pressure as that will smudge them.

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
Most of the older police officers have knowledge and experience rolling ink prints cards. The most important thing for you to check is that the officer write down their name and put the Agency name and address on the print card. Let the officer do the work, don't put pressure as that will smudge them.
Actually the officer that took my prints mentioned they don't get a lot of practice doing the ink prints because everything is now done electronically.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Do they REQUIRE ink prints? because there are numerous places you can to that do it electronically, NYS accepts it for professional licenses etc.

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
Do they REQUIRE ink prints? because there are numerous places you can to that do it electronically, NYS accepts it for professional licenses etc.
I know the OP is applying for the CT license but FL requires the fingerprint card or the prints can be furnish electronically but it has to be done by an agency in FL. In a search for information on CT it appears the actual cards have to be submitted.

·
Registered
11,631 Posts
Actually the officer that took my prints mentioned they don't get a lot of practice doing the ink prints because everything is now done electronically.
Live scan was being used for almost 20 years now with most Law Enforcement Agencies . In the police academy, fingerprinting was part of the training. This is why I said most older police officers know how to roll prints.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I know the OP is applying for the CT license but FL requires the fingerprint card or the prints can be furnish electronically but it has to be done by an agency in FL. In a search for information on CT it appears the actual cards have to be submitted.
I renewed my FL CCW in person back in February before the pandemic hit. I went to the local CCW office in West Palm Beach and they processed my payment by credit card, took electronic fingerprints, took my photo and had me fill out an electronic application on one of their computers. I was probably in and out on 25-30 minutes

·
Registered
11,631 Posts
I received my renewal CT non resident in the mail today. Unfortunately, they’re running behind schedule. When I called they didn’t allow in person renewal because of Covid. They have a 90 day extension if you are expired.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I received my renewal CT non resident in the mail today. Unfortunately, they're running behind schedule. When I called they didn't allow in person renewal because of Covid. They have a 90 day extension if you are expired.
Wow, that's good to know. Too bad they cannot make any special accomodation to renew in person even if its by appointment.

The good thing with in person renewal with CT is that they print and hand you the new CCW card on the spot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any one know where I can get fingerprints. 7th precinct stop doing them because of COVID
I got mine done at the Third Pct.in Williston Park last week. They don't have the fingerprint cards so I had to drive to Farmingdale to the FBI office to get 2 cards, no charge. Then I went to the Third and they did them right there, $40 for both cards, cash only.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got mine done at the Third Pct.in Williston Park last week. They don't have the fingerprint cards so I had to drive to Farmingdale to the FBI office to get 2 cards, no charge. Then I went to the Third and they did them right there, $40 for both cards, cash only.
Wow! What a rip off, i got mine for free in Hudson Valley...... Walked in with 2 fingerprint cards in and out.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Is CT currently issuing non resident CCWs? Is it easy to get?

I believe CT will issue a CCW if your home state issued you a CCW. Will CT view the the Nassau Target/Hunting permit as a CCW with restrictions? PA views it this way and was able to get a PA CCW.

I just don’t want to waste my time and apply if it is going to be denied. Thanks

·
Registered
11,631 Posts
Is CT currently issuing non resident CCWs? Is it easy to get?

I believe CT will issue a CCW if your home state issued you a CCW. Will CT view the the Nassau Target/Hunting permit as a CCW with restrictions? PA views it this way and was able to get a PA CCW.

I just don’t want to waste my time and apply if it is going to be denied. Thanks
You need to have completed a live fire training course or other approved firearms training.
Connecticut State Police will mail out the application. Apply for it.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Completed the NRA and received application today. I took it with Phase 3 Training in Nassau definitely worthwhile.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What is the initial procedure for Connecticut? Class? Live fire? Or is it like the PA non resident?
Yes there is a class you must take by a ct approved instructor and then a few rounds at the range, I’ll look to see if I still have the guy that I used info and put up a follow up post

·
Registered
151 Posts
when I got my ct non res a few years back they sent me back my completed application with a letter stating I needed a ct approved instructor for my training course so I googled and found this guy Lou eden from con-fire LLC, drove to ct and did the class at his house, I was the only one there lol, was a nice guy, anyway I did the course and resent all the paper work in and got permit a few months later. Also the permit is for concealed AND open carry which I did not know at the time
YES!!! I used him also a few years back, drove right to his house then the indoor shooting range down the road, he bought me lunch at the deli next door, I was the only one in the class lol, one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met. Also, the permit covers CCW and open carry

41 - 60 of 61 Posts