Long Island Shooters Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
when I got my ct non res a few years back they sent me back my completed application with a letter stating I needed a ct approved instructor for my training course so I googled and found this guy Lou eden from con-fire LLC, drove to ct and did the class at his house, I was the only one there lol, was a nice guy, anyway I did the course and resent all the paper work in and got permit a few months later. Also the permit is for concealed AND open carry which I did not know at the time
I'd prefer to CC in CT open carry is just asking for trouble even if you're doing it legally

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Where did u apply for it? I go to Trumbul a few times a year.
Division of State Police - HQ

State of Connecticut
Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection
Division of State Police - HQ
Special Licensing and Firearms Unit
1111 Country Club Road
Middletown, CT 06457

Telephone (860) 685-8290

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,871 Posts
I went to the website and did a search for instructor led courses. I live in western Nassa (Roslyn Has). The search came up with NO RESUKLTS for a radius of 500 miles!
There are a whole bunch of Pistol Instructors (I know, I certified them) but unless they have the course listed as "Sow on NRA website" you won't know about it. Ask around

·
Registered
275 Posts
So, if I have Nassau County target and hunting and Florida Concealed Carry I need to be trained? But I haven't shot myself or anyone else yet???

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
So all my classes are done . Now where can I get my finger prints Done.
You should be able to get them done at your local precinct but call them before you go to get the exact amount and confirm what days/times they are doing it.

Reactions: Mr. Shotgun
21 - 40 of 61 Posts