Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone offer a course locally to meet the Connecticut non-resident CCW training requirement?

I'm definitely interested in obtaining my CT CCW. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone offer a course locally to meet the Connecticut non-resident CCW training requirement?

I'm definitely interested in obtaining my CT CCW. :)

Thanks

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
You need a NY license first- after that, the NRA basic Pistol or I think even the (free) DEC course will work for CT non-res. Look up l the number for CT state police pistol division and ask for Rosie.

·
Banned
19,574 Posts
You need a NY license first- after that, the NRA basic Pistol or I think even the (free) DEC course will work for CT non-res. Look up l the number for CT state police pistol division and ask for Rosie.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Captain Will said:
I already have NY and PA and DEC hunter's safety course does NOT meet the CT requirements.

The NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course satisfies the CT permit requirement. I went to Farmingdale for it and the instructor even notarized my paperwork for me. You can also get an FL permit with this course.

http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx
Thanks!
I'll take a look into it.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Captain Will said:
I already have NY and PA and DEC hunter's safety course does NOT meet the CT requirements.

The NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course satisfies the CT permit requirement. I went to Farmingdale for it and the instructor even notarized my paperwork for me. You can also get an FL permit with this course.

http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx
Thanks!
I'll take a look into it.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Does the Utah CCW course meet the requirment, I just ask them to mail me an application last thursday

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Does the Utah CCW course meet the requirment, I just ask them to mail me an application last thursday

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Connecticut requires a live fire exercise with at least 50 rounds.  When I took my class with G.O.A.L in Massachusetts, the instructor provided me with a course certificate and a letter stating that I had met the minumim required life fire exercise.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Connecticut requires a live fire exercise with at least 50 rounds.  When I took my class with G.O.A.L in Massachusetts, the instructor provided me with a course certificate and a letter stating that I had met the minumim required life fire exercise.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What are the minimum firearms training course requirements for pistol permit applicants?

You are required to complete a handgun safety course, which must consist of no less than the NRA's "Basic Pistol Course," prior to submitting the application. The NRA's "Home Firearms Safety Course" and "First Steps Pistol Orientation Program" are not approved courses.

Live fire is also required. Computer-generated programs, dry-fire, other simulated shooting tools, plastic bullets, air guns or any other alternatives are not acceptable. Students must fire a semi-automatic pistol or revolver. Any questions should be referred to the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit.

Once I have received a Local Permit, how do I apply for a State Permit
Live fire is required

http://www.ct.gov/DPS/cwp/view.asp?a=2158&q=294484

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What are the minimum firearms training course requirements for pistol permit applicants?

You are required to complete a handgun safety course, which must consist of no less than the NRA's "Basic Pistol Course," prior to submitting the application. The NRA's "Home Firearms Safety Course" and "First Steps Pistol Orientation Program" are not approved courses.

Live fire is also required. Computer-generated programs, dry-fire, other simulated shooting tools, plastic bullets, air guns or any other alternatives are not acceptable. Students must fire a semi-automatic pistol or revolver. Any questions should be referred to the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit.

Once I have received a Local Permit, how do I apply for a State Permit
Live fire is required

http://www.ct.gov/DPS/cwp/view.asp?a=2158&q=294484

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Once I have received a Local Permit, how do I apply for a State Permit?

When you file with the State Police as a non resident, it is for a State Permit not a local permit.
Waiting time is between 6 and 8 weeks. They pretty much hold to the time. Mine was 8 weeks to the day.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
Once I have received a Local Permit, how do I apply for a State Permit?

When you file with the State Police as a non resident, it is for a State Permit not a local permit.
Waiting time is between 6 and 8 weeks. They pretty much hold to the time. Mine was 8 weeks to the day.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
NRA Basic Pistol will work for CT.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
NRA Basic Pistol will work for CT.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
just curious, you can apply for ccw in other states just because you want to ?
dont need to prove you go there for any reason ?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
just curious, you can apply for ccw in other states just because you want to ?
dont need to prove you go there for any reason ?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts