Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
The next step to this will be forcing the CC companies to block any purchases at gun stores. This is what the big banks were forced to do with financing gun makers and doing business with gun shops. Private companies should NOT get involved in politics, but politics is a dirty business that everyone likes to play in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Meh...I'll pay cash and hopefully the shop owner will put it right in his pocket without paying taxes. And we'll probably realize a saving too, I just had a window repaired, a couple of hundred dollars, shop owner said if I pay cash he'll save me the taxes, LOL. I did and saved almost $25...LOL!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Meh...I'll pay cash and hopefully the shop owner will put it right in his pocket without paying taxes. And we'll probably realize a saving too, I just had a window repaired, a couple of hundred dollars, shop owner said if I pay cash he'll save me the taxes, LOL. I did and saved almost $25...LOL!
CASH IS KING IN MY BOOK......

·
Right-wing Sith
6,679 Posts
..just write a check?
Well fine, however, the checks go through the same banks that control the cards.

Cash? Well fine, however, when I went to Long Island Ammo in Huntington about a week a ago I had to provide my Driver's license and they had meticulous records on each box of ammo I bought, down to the number of rounds for each box. There is literally no limit to the tyranny that the Communists will impose. The Constitution, the law, and tradition, means NOTHING to them. They fight to crush their opponents and win. The right needs to learn from the Commies and fight to WIN!!

iGreg, are you saying we need to adopt the tactics of the left??!! YES!

If you have two boxers and one bad guy boxer breaks the rules and the umpire does not enforce the rules what should the good guy boxer do? He must fight fire with fire and respond in kind. There is no choice! Only then can you bring your opponent back to eventually playing by the rules.

This is why Spain needed Franco, and his Nationalists, to fight the Commie bastards in the Spanish Civil War.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Anyone remember operation choke point during the Obama administration. Refusing credit card machines to gun stores for months. This is 2.0. Hopefully congress can intervene and put a stop to tracking. Where does the suspicious purchase end? A box of ammo? A 4,000 dollar 2011?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Cryptocurrency was supposed to solve this….

With Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies floundering you would think they would advance transaction technology to take advantage of the current inflation and regulation issues

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well fine, however, the checks go through the same banks that control the cards.

Cash? Well fine, however, when I went to Long Island Ammo in Huntington about a week a ago I had to provide my Driver's license and they had meticulous records on each box of ammo I bought, down to the number of rounds for each box. There is literally no limit to the tyranny that the Communists will impose. The Constitution, the law, and tradition, means NOTHING to them. They fight to crush their opponents and win. The right needs to learn from the Commies and fight to WIN!!

iGreg, are you saying we need to adopt the tactics of the left??!! YES!

If you have two boxers and one bad guy boxer breaks the rules and the umpire does not enforce the rules what should the good guy boxer do? He must fight fire with fire and respond in kind. There is no choice! Only then can you bring your opponent back to eventually playing by the rules.

This is why Spain needed Franco, and his Nationalists, to fight the Commie bastards in the Spanish Civil War.
I bought 2 boxes of 9MM last week at Dick's Sporting Goods in Riverhead.Usually I go to the back where the Ammo is locked up and show the Permit to the guy behing the counter. but this time when I got to the counter up front to pay the girl asked for my Permit. I showed it to her and she took it out of my hand and went to the Register and looked like she was copying info from it. That never happened before.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought 2 boxes of 9MM last week at Dick's Sporting Goods in Riverhead. Usually I go to the back where the Ammo is locked up and show the Permit to the guy behind the counter. but this time when I got to the counter up front to pay the girl asked for my Permit. I showed it to her and she took it out of my hand and went to the Register and looked like she was copying info from it. That never happened before.
Pennsylvania is beautiful this time of year, 2 hours of nice back roads and LOTS of small gun shops that would be VERY happy to take your cash and give you as much ammo as you'd like. Just a thought...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought 2 boxes of 9MM last week at Dick's Sporting Goods in Riverhead.Usually I go to the back where the Ammo is locked up and show the Permit to the guy behing the counter. but this time when I got to the counter up front to pay the girl asked for my Permit. I showed it to her and she took it out of my hand and went to the Register and looked like she was copying info from it. That never happened before.
When I used to buy ammo in NY, if it was ammo that can be used in a rifle, when they asked for my permit, I would tell them it's going in a rifle. But now that we need to have some sort of rifle endorsement, that probably goes out the window.
It's a shame to say it, but I will be very limited in any firearms/ammo related purchases in NY. And that's a shame because the good people in this business will suffer as more take this approach.
Does the gas station ask for my driver's license to make sure I'm driving legally?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Pennsylvania is beautiful this time of year, 2 hours of nice back roads and LOTS of small gun shops that would be VERY happy to take your cash and give you as much ammo as you'd like. Just a thought...
I would rather pay the gas, tolls and any additional markup to do this than make these purchases at home with all the tracking. Not that I or anyone else has anything to hide, the tracking is just a huge invasion of privacy and rights. Very sad to not be able to support our local businesses.

Reactions: DozerD9

·
Registered
86 Posts
A possible solution for any retailer that is forced to use this new credit card code would be to create another business/entity designated as sporting goods only and have that as the entity with the credit card processors. Any credit card purchases would go through that entity and get coded as "Misc Sporting Goods" or whatever general sporting goods gets coded as. Just a thought.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts