Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You have all prob heard of the radio ads that say crazy freddy is crazy but i was wondering if anyone ever delt with him or used the promo where you buy 1 and get 1 free?

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
My Nephew screwed up and bought a bike from them in 2007. He was a fool and rushed in. The terms are crazy, bike was 13,000 out the door. Two years of payments later? $13,000 still owed. turns out to be a form of credit card with interest rate not a standard car/bike loan. I know someone who looked into the bike two for one deal and said it's a complete scam.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok does anybody know of a good place around the island? i have no credit watsoever but i do work and get a bi weekly pay check to show it. Was thing crazy freddys cause if you show that you work they gurantee u walk out or drive out with a quad.

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
eastplayer87 said:
ok does anybody know of a good place around the island? i have no credit watsoever but i do work and get a bi weekly pay check to show it. Was thing crazy freddys cause if you show that you work they gurantee u walk out or drive out with a quad.
Yeah...banks were making that same promise with mortgages for years, and we all know how well that worked out.

·
Registered
360 Posts
CRAZY FREDDY IS A SCAM ARTIST! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!  If you go to any dealer they offer you the manufacturers "credit card" which usually carries a minimum of 11.99% APR and usually gives you 2 years with some low payment like $39 a month but than your payments will go to $300+ a month if you dont pay it off in that initial period.  You really need to find a used bike/quad or whatever you want to buy on craigslist and pay cash or try to take out a personal loan at a bank...there are alot of good deals on craigslist...DEALERS ARE SCAM ARTISTS!  They all push you into getting the company (kawasaki, suzuki, yamaha, honda) credit card because they make money off of it and so does the bank after they bang your interest up to some astronomical amount...if you want to hear more PM me...I know all their scams..

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Go to Hicksville Kawasaki (by Broadway mall), ask for Zues or Mac.

If you insist on going to crazy freddys check out www.bbb.com and look them up, last i checked their complaints were maxed out in every category.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i dont have 3 or 4k to pay for it. I needed something where i can pay off over the year. Of course they hit you with the fees cause no one reads the fine print. Ive worked in retail for years and pretty much know all of the scams that they could possibly try and pull. As far as minimum payment goes mine would probably be 3 or 400 a month is what i would pay them.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I hear you that you have been in retail, but case in point. Me and my friend rode (motorcycles) with one of the sales guys a few years back. Not a friend, but knew us both by name. We go in, he knows what we want, the price we want, tries a little up selling but we get to the signing table and are giving the documentation a final read. They had a posted interest rate of 7.99%, he qualified for that rate, all is good...oh no its not. The paperwork girl wrote a 9 in where 7 was going to go. We mentioned it to them and they tried to say that is the posted rate (literally lying to our faces). On threat of walk-out we got the rate changed.

Even if you don't get screwed on buying it...good luck with parts and service!

But don't feel bad, even employees don't get decent pricing, so its nothing personal!

·
Registered
201 Posts
BirdistheWord said:

If you insist on going to crazy freddys check out www.bbb.com and look them up, last i checked their complaints were maxed out in every category.
+1 for this dealership. Ask for Mac, great guy. Tell him Dr. J sent ya! Bought my son's quad there.

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
+1 on all the above.

If you go to buy something you can't afford at this dealership just because you can't really afford it, you are going to get raped. That is all.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
i got a good deal at kawasaki in riverhead, but my friend knew the salesmen and bought bikes there too ..
just know your prices, alot of places will try to charge 1k+ for freight/prep.
i found some places in ct through ebay that were reasonable without the haggle

·
Registered
116 Posts
Tried doing business with them but too much BS for a bike. even the parts service was horrible, they acted as if they were above you and you were wasting their time. I have done business with Formula one in Oakdale and Crossbay in Howard Beach, both straight forward.

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
eastplayer87 said:
Well i dont have 3 or 4k to pay for it. I needed something where i can pay off over the year. Of course they hit you with the fees cause no one reads the fine print. Ive worked in retail for years and pretty much know all of the scams that they could possibly try and pull. As far as minimum payment goes mine would probably be 3 or 400 a month is what i would pay them.
Then what you need to do is start putting that 3-400 away every month, tell yourself your making payments, and MUST do it... Then come spring you'll have $2,500 (6 months till april x $400) plus interest, to buy something - or for a nice down payment (which will help you get financing)

Remember, you're going to need cash for other things when you get a bike too... Helmet (Cheap hats for cheap heads...) Insurance/reg/etc....

biggest problem with bike shops these days is that so many are owned by car dealers.... THAT is where all the scamming comes from! ...when I ran shops it was "Look, you really can't afford it..." or "You can't buy this 1,000cc bike, we don't want you killing yourself - we'll sell you a 600 and in a year or two you might be ready for the literbike"

Then the car dealer started buying bike franchises.... :( I was sick of fixing the hack work from their 'repairs' when I got out.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
The only thing i know about Crazy Freddie is that Harley Davidsons attorneys recently sent them a cease and desist letter regarding their wontan use of HD logo all over their store and sales signs...Their pricing is a sham cause just like other posters said they whack you on financing...Cross Bay in Howard Beach and Bayshore are good...I know the owners well...You can PM me and i can call them directly and try to help you

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Parashooter said:
Then what you need to do is start putting that 3-400 away every month, tell yourself your making payments, and MUST do it... Then come spring you'll have $2,500 (6 months till april x $400) plus interest, to buy something - or for a nice down payment (which will help you get financing)
:yepthat

This is the only move that makes ANY sense.
Have some patience. Save some bread.

Don't spend money you don't have.

·
Sharp Shooter!
321 Posts
Parashooter said:

Remember, you're going to need cash for other things when you get a bike too... Helmet (Cheap hats for cheap heads...) Insurance/reg/etc....
PandM said:
This is the only move that makes ANY sense.
Have some patience. Save some bread.

Don't spend money you don't have.
Last week I signed the paperwork on a new camping trailer, saved up for 1.5 years. I went out and got exactly what I wanted and got an amazing price because I was willing to pay cash for it. It was well worth the wait, no banks, payments or headaches. It also gave me a lot of time to research and get exactly what I wanted at the price I was willing to pay, not something that the dealer wanted to sell me because I was desperate to buy something I really don't need in the first place.

Remember it's just an ATV, waiting a few months to stash some cash away isn't going to kill you.

·
Registered
893 Posts
BirdistheWord said:

Mac is a great guy....I highly recommend him.

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
daves said:
Last week I signed the paperwork on a new camping trailer, saved up for 1.5 years. I went out and got exactly what I wanted and got an amazing price because I was willing to pay cash for it. It was well worth the wait, no banks, payments or headaches. It also gave me a lot of time to research and get exactly what I wanted at the price I was willing to pay, not something that the dealer wanted to sell me because I was desperate to buy something I really don't need in the first place.

Remember it's just an ATV, waiting a few months to stash some cash away isn't going to kill you.
"Remember It's just an ATV..."

That reminded me.... you must remember a bike/ATV is a "Toy"... You may break it (I just bought a GSXR with a blown motor, that someone had to keep making payments on...) or get tired of it (Limited riding for dirt/ATV around here, how many laps can you make?)
...But if it's financed, you're paying for it till it's done... No matter what...

Put that first "payment" in the bank yet??? ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.