Long Island Shooters Forum banner
701 - 720 of 996 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Ruling against prelim injunction in Corbett v. Hochul (1:22-cv-05867) - Southern District. This is a case that objected to the Social Media Requirement, the References Requirement, and the Training Requirement. Judge Schofield is an Obama appointee.

Font Handwriting Parallel Signature Number

· Registered
103 Posts
Ruling against prelim injunction in Corbett v. Hochul (1:22-cv-05867) - Southern District. This is a case that objected to the Social Media Requirement, the References Requirement, and the Training Requirement. Judge Schofield is an Obama appointee.

View attachment 141398
According to this article Man Who Sued NYS Gun Permit Law Is Denied Injunction with 1780 Law Cited, Vows Appeal "Judge Schofield denied any preliminary injunction, finding no likelihood of success on the merits had been shown. "

Hey @Sureshot - Just as we were just talking about this concept I heard about this ruling, so that's what a democrat appointee thinks about the constitution and SCOTUS ruling, even in the face of other federal judges who have made such vehement rulings. It is surely worse in the 2nd circuit appeals courts.

· Registered
209 Posts
I just read a post, by Corbett, himself…
The Social Media and References parts were denied for lack of standing, as the plaintiffs applications were made prior to 9/1 ??? Sorry I forgot the date, I think that’s it. Meaning those new requirements did not pertain to the plaintiffs. The training was denied, stating that historical reference could be made to the militias, of that time.

· Registered
103 Posts
I just read a post, by Corbett, himself…
The Social Media and References parts were denied for lack of standing, as the plaintiffs applications were made prior to 9/1 ??? Sorry I forgot the date, I think that’s it. Meaning those new requirements did not pertain to the plaintiffs. The training was denied, stating that historical reference could be made to the militias, of that time.
Great info, thx. I love how the anti-gunners will use militia activity/requirements to force training on us, but how about all of the rights (firearms and others) the militia folks had? Did they have a permit? did they take a urine test? Oh, and of course they were actually encouraged to possess and use the most sophisticated and capable firearms available at the time!

· Premium Member
2,569 Posts
So NY has not filed for an injunction stay on the Sinatra "sensitive places" ruling yet? Are they slacking off over in Letitia's office this week?
Nah! They’re just regrouping and working on the next phase of their attack. And maybe threatening a judge or two.

· Registered
209 Posts
I just now did my part, or a little bit, anyway… 6 brand new, permit questionaires were completed and sent to SCPD PLB. I picked up, and distributed the questionaires, to 6 friends and family members. I assisted them to best of my ability, and gathered reference info, for all. I picked them all up, and have just returned from the post office. I don’t know what the time frame, for interviews and actual applications are at now, or how any court cases will affect them, but hopefully in 1-2 years , there will be 6 more voices to be heard!

· Registered
2,628 Posts
So NY has not filed for an injunction stay on the Sinatra "sensitive places" ruling yet? Are they slacking off over in Letitia's office this week?
Correct. Still Nothing yet. However, I should point out that Sinatra's injunction allows carry in "restricted locations." In contrast, "sensitive locations" are still in effect--at least until Suddaby's injunction is valid again after the appeals process plays out.

· Registered
2,628 Posts
Does this mean anything? Legalese gives me a whopper of a headache…
Not really. Hummel (who is a Republican btw) is the magistrate judge appointed by Suddaby and his colleagues to handle the routine, boring housekeeping motions and such.

This letter is basically saying that the various parties would like to wait until the Circuit Court decides on the injunction of Suddaby before being asked to do anything else.

· Registered
107 Posts
I just now did my part, or a little bit, anyway… 6 brand new, permit questionaires were completed and sent to SCPD PLB. I picked up, and distributed the questionaires, to 6 friends and family members. I assisted them to best of my ability, and gathered reference info, for all. I picked them all up, and have just returned from the post office. I don’t know what the time frame, for interviews and actual applications are at now, or how any court cases will affect them, but hopefully in 1-2 years , there will be 6 more voices to be heard!
I applied March 2022 and was told expect to hear back in 24 months 🙄.

701 - 720 of 996 Posts