Long Island Shooters Forum banner
661 - 680 of 720 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Right, but there is a difference between Suddaby and Sinatra, Suddaby granted a 3-day pause which gave the state time to appeal to the 2nd circuit of appeals thus stripping rights in the interim of trial. In this case, no window of time was given to the state to respond with unconstitutional delays.
Someone else has since touched on this, and Gary has further added to it, but just to clarify: Suddaby's original TRO was given a three day pause to allow an appeal, which the state did. However, neither Suddaby, nor Sinatra's preliminary injunctions gave any opportunities to appeal. Both went into effect immediately. Suddaby has since been stayed by the Circuit Court, not him, pending appeal. It remains to be seen whether they will do so with Sinatra's.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Been awefully quiet…..
No updates on LaTush’s motion on Sinatra’s ruling in Christian v Nigrelli ?
Just so happens I picked up my Sig P229 Emperor Scorpion, today, and double-checked that I’m still on , with investigator, on Monday, for amended CCW.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Been awefully quiet…..
No updates on LaTush’s motion on Sinatra’s ruling in Christian v Nigrelli ?
Just so happens I picked up my Sig P229 Emperor Scorpion, today, and double-checked that I’m still on , with investigator, on Monday, for amended CCW.
You will probably hear that the 2nd circuit did a repeat stay on the Western District. We need similar challenges in the southern and eastern districts. Enjoy the new Sig!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I dunno… I’d like to believe, the more cases that stack up, one has to eventually hit a 2nd circuit appeals judge , that actually reveres the constitution, and respects the last SCOTUS ruling.
I just can’t wait til Thomas smacks them , like the three stooges….

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I dunno… I’d like to believe, the more cases that stack up, one has to eventually hit a 2nd circuit appeals judge , that actually reveres the constitution, and respects the last SCOTUS ruling.
I just can’t wait til Thomas smacks them , like the three stooges….
It will be back at the SCOTUS, and this time sensitive locations will be made crystal clear, Alito talked about people using the subway coming home late at night. NY went against what was made clear in NYSRPA v. Bruen

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I’m hoping all this shit is ironed out before my next renewal (Sep 2024), or I have already started to buy a place in NH. Fuck this place, I figured a Zeldin win would bring some of my good feelings back about NY, but no, all plans OFF to buy a 2nd home upstate, NEVER, let it go to shit. NH will be my destination, unless some magic happens.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I’m hoping all this shit is ironed out before my next renewal (Sep 2024), or I have already started to buy a place in NH. Fuck this place, I figured a Zeldin win would bring some of my confidence back, but no, all plans OFF to buy a 2nd home upstate, NEVER, let it go to shit.
i mean i have my carry ive been very happy with wear i can bring it but NH is beautiful love riding up there

·
Registered
98 Posts
Where do we stand right now? Judge Sinatra put an injunction on private business and residents ? That’s in affect right now? And second circuit hasn’t issued the state a stay yet?
As far as I know. Usually one of a few reliable sources , post updates very quickly. I’ll be at SCPD PLB this afternoon for CCW amendment, so I’m sure I’m in for an earful.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Where do we stand right now? Judge Sinatra put an injunction on private business and residents ? That’s in affect right now? And second circuit hasn’t issued the state a stay yet?
Private property as of now has an injunction statewide. The state has appealed to the Second Circuit. I am sure we will hear the news soon.

661 - 680 of 720 Posts