Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
7,706 Posts
Here is one for Friday

http://countercurren...arking-instead/

When we heard about a California deputy accidentally shoot himself while trying to kill a "vicious" dog, we weren't sure where to go with the story. Should we comment on the irony that the police are thought to be "responsible" gun owners (and all the related issues surrounding that assumption)? Or should we focus on the police abuse of power and flagrant disregard for the lives, and even safety of humans and non-humans alike?

No sooner than we finished drafting an article encompassing several of these issues, a video ran on local KNBC and KCAL television, showing that very dog which the deputy said was threatening his life on Wednesday.

Instead of showing a vicious, rabid monster that needed to be "put down," the video captured showed an animal that was significantly smaller than the trigger-happy officer reported. That dog, which the deputy thought needed to be shot, was filmed playing peacefully with neighborhood children.

A Riverside County sheriff's spokesperson said that the deputy was serving an eviction notice at around 2 p.m. Wednesday when a "large" dog "attacked" him… or at least "tried" to.

"A dog came at the deputy in an aggressive manner," Deputy Armando Munoz explained to the local news source The Press-Enterprise. "The deputy," Munoz continued "attempting to defend himself… pulled his service weapon, shot one round, and injured himself in the leg."

When the officer shot himself, however, the dog ran away, terrified of the noise. Strange for such a blood-thirsty killer, right?

As for the deputy? Munoz said "He's OK. He has non life-threatening injuries."

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Just because the dog was calmly playing with his family, it does not mean he would be the same way with the cop who it viewed as an intruder. It wasn't like a Pomeranian spooked the cop, that pit bull could maim or kill a man if it wanted to.

A friend of mine used to train dogs, especially Cane Corsos for protection. He had videos of the dogs allowing toddlers to manhandle them, climb on their backs and take toys out of their mouths. Then moments later when given the command they would growl and threaten adults. If he gave the next command they would tear the person apart.

His slogan was "Gentle as a lamb...until otherwise instructed."

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
Never mind.

·
Putin, the new Ceasar. Veni,Vidi, Vici!
21,922 Posts
Just because the dog was calmly playing with his family, it does not mean he would be the same way with the cop who it viewed as an intruder. It wasn't like a Pomeranian spooked the cop, that pit bull could maim or kill a man if it wanted to.

A friend of mine used to train dogs, especially Cane Corsos for protection. He had videos of the dogs allowing toddlers to manhandle them, climb on their backs and take toys out of their mouths. Then moments later when given the command they would growl and threaten adults. If he gave the next command they would tear the person apart.

His slogan was "Gentle as a lamb...until otherwise instructed."
My Rottweiler was like that. Little kids could hang on him, yank his ears, tongue, cheeks, skin and he would just lie there panting. An adult would come to get their kid and the dog would immediately get between the kid and parents. I would have to hand the kids over to the parents.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
my wife is with that with me when there are other women come near me.

·
Black Robe Regiment Immigration without assimilati
8,064 Posts
There are 3 sides to every story. So far we only heard the dog's owner, who was possibly living in an illegal apartment.
I'll hold judgment until I hear from the Sheriff whose lawful opinion I value more and the dog...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.