·
Banned
2,404 Posts
Hope it wasn't shot with a Glock!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Frozen baloney?
It's like, how can we make this product less appealing...I know, let's freeze it!

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
so thats how the holes get in the donuts

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,861 Posts
JChris97 said:
Frozen baloney?
It's like, how can we make this product less appealing...I know, let's freeze it!
Cooler, not freezer

·
Now an Ex NYer
24,861 Posts
jrd said:
It says frozen bologna on my screen :)
Yes it does but bologna isn't stored that way. Why should the press get that right, they miss on many other things

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
Was the bologna acting in a suspicious manner?  :p

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
A Sevier County Sheriff's Department officer was recently suspended after his service weapon discharged inside a convenience store and the round lodged itself into a pack of frozen bologna.

Cpl. Chris Huskey, 40, was placed on administrative leave without pay following the incident at Dunn's Market, 2650 Upper Middle Creek Road, in Sevierville - a popular hangout spot for officers.

Sheriff's Capt. Michael Hodges said Huskey and Deputy Adam Bohanan, 27, were eating and sitting in an office inside the market at about 12:30 a.m. on Nov. 23 when Huskey's gun went off.

The store was closed at the time and no one else was inside, Hodges said. The men, he said, were on duty and given permission to be in the store by the owner.

Bohanan started a conversation about the difference in the weight of their semi-automatic service weapons.

Both of the officers carried .40-caliber pistols, Hodges said, but Huskey's weapon had a longer barrel and a larger magazine.

Huskey removed his weapon from his holster, unloaded it and handed it to Bohanan.

"Shortly after Bohanan handed it back to him and when he went to reload, there was an accidental discharge," Hodges said.

The .40-caliber round went through a 15-inch computer screen, continued into a nearby cooler and lodged itself in lunchmeat inside the cooler, Hodges said.

The officers, Hodges said, then notified their supervisor.

"When myself and Sheriff (Ron) Seals were told about this, at the sheriff's request, a firearms instructor did a check on the weapon to make sure there wasn't a malfunction," Hodges said. "The weapon was taken from him, and he was not permitted to return to work until he was retrained."

Huskey was suspended without pay for the remainder of that shift and one additional shift, Hodges said - a total of 18 unpaid hours.

Both he and Bohanan were required to pay restitution - about $120 - to the owners to replace the computer screen.

The owners did not request reimbursement for the cooler or lunchmeat, Hodges said. :) :)

Huskey, a veteran officer, was hired with the department Aug. 2, 2004.

Bohanan was hired with the department June 12, 2006.

A woman who answered the phone at the store Tuesday said she was the owner but declined comment on the incident.

© 2011, Knoxville News Sentinel Co.

·
Registered
530 Posts
NRATC53 said:
Yes it does but bologna isn't stored that way. Why should the press get that right, they miss on many other things
Good point!

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
I'm just glad it wasn't a beef roast, that would have been sad.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I think an investigation needs to be launched over the misrepresentation of coolered versus frozen luncheon meats of questionable content,

·
moved to greener pastures
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have found the reason.
Did he leave a round chambered?
Obviously, but it'll never come out.
The real reason is the targets they have been practicing with.

·
Registered
15,416 Posts
The bologna acted stupidly!

·
Premium Member
5,881 Posts
PandM said:
I have found the reason.
Did he leave a round chambered?
Obviously, but it'll never come out.
The real reason is the targets they have been practicing with.
I'm sorry Joe but that looks like pepperoni to me. You'll have to come up with something else. Nice try though. :p

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
It's photographed from a great distance, maybe a grassy knoll, that's why it looks small like pepperoni

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Good point on the round chambered...

100% of concealed and open carry accidental discharges can be avoided by simply not keeping a round in the chamber... But for some reason people insist on it, like the 1/4 second it takes to rack the slide is worth the ever present risk of shooting yourself or someone around you. I don't get it, and I never will.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts