2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my CT license today! I now have

NY SCPD Sportsman restricted

and the following Full carry
Florida
Pennsylvania
Connecticut

As a citizen of New York I can carry full time in more than 35 states now but NOT in New York!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Florida
Pennsylvania
Connecticut

As a citizen of New York I can carry full time in more than 35 states now but NOT in New York!

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
congratulations and well done.

8)

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
congratulations and well done.

8)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Good for you.

I want to do the same.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Good for you.

I want to do the same.

·
Registered
250 Posts
ligun said:

Florida
Pennsylvania
Connecticut

What was involved with getting Conn.?

·
Registered
250 Posts
ligun said:

Florida
Pennsylvania
Connecticut

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
double d said:
You need to have your NY pistol license first.

Call CT state police at 860-685-8494. You will get a packet within a week. You fill out the forms. Attach two checks and one money order in the amounts specified. Go to the local SCPD precinct and get fingerprinted on the two fingerprint forms (one for sending to FBI, one for CT state police), attach your photo and copy of NY license, mail it in, wait a few weeks and if everything is in order, get a plastic license card.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
double d said:

Call CT state police at 860-685-8494. You will get a packet within a week. You fill out the forms. Attach two checks and one money order in the amounts specified. Go to the local SCPD precinct and get fingerprinted on the two fingerprint forms (one for sending to FBI, one for CT state police), attach your photo and copy of NY license, mail it in, wait a few weeks and if everything is in order, get a plastic license card.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
ligun said:

Don't you need some sort of training requirement for CT?
Does the Hunter's Safety Course count?
And any idea how much their license is?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
ligun said:

Thanks

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
ligun said:

Florida
Pennsylvania
Connecticut

Crazy isn't it. Your rights are more greatly honor in states where you don't even live but trampled on in your own state. Crazy!

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
ligun said:

Florida
Pennsylvania
Connecticut

Crazy isn't it. Your rights are more greatly honor in states where you don't even live but trampled on in your own state. Crazy!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
O1SalsaX said:

Thanks
You are right. I had the NRA Basic pistol certificate.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
O1SalsaX said:

Thanks
You are right. I had the NRA Basic pistol certificate.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
ligun said:

You will also have to submit proof of firearm training that is acceptable to the Ct State PD. NRA Basic pistol course is ok.

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
ligun said:

You will also have to submit proof of firearm training that is acceptable to the Ct State PD. NRA Basic pistol course is ok.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts