Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if you can carry (assuming you have a non-resident license) on college campuses in Connecticut?  I know the law does not allow carrying on school grounds but am I safe to assume that by school grounds it means high schools elementary schools etc...   I know certain Universities do not allow by saying they are a gun free zone but more specifically was wondering about Fairfield University.  

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anybody know if you can carry (assuming you have a non-resident license) on college campuses in Connecticut?  I know the law does not allow carrying on school grounds but am I safe to assume that by school grounds it means high schools elementary schools etc...   I know certain Universities do not allow by saying they are a gun free zone but more specifically was wondering about Fairfield University.  

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
I know in NY you need to ask permission of the school. At least that's how it was when i was in Albany, and the answer was "yes you have to ask permission, and no you can not have one on campus".

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
I know in NY you need to ask permission of the school. At least that's how it was when i was in Albany, and the answer was "yes you have to ask permission, and no you can not have one on campus".

·
Registered
11,563 Posts
You simply need to read the college's student handbook....   it will be covered in there.

·
Registered
11,563 Posts
You simply need to read the college's student handbook....   it will be covered in there.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Check the handbook, but I would say probably not. Guns on any school grounds are still a very sensistive issue especially with the recent shootings. Some states have enacted laws to allow for some leniency to varying degrees to accommodate licensed pistol holders, but I don't believe CT is one of them. Here's the link for Arizona's law http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=11215324#

·
Registered
957 Posts
Check the handbook, but I would say probably not. Guns on any school grounds are still a very sensistive issue especially with the recent shootings. Some states have enacted laws to allow for some leniency to varying degrees to accommodate licensed pistol holders, but I don't believe CT is one of them. Here's the link for Arizona's law http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=11215324#

1 - 10 of 10 Posts