Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Connecticut CCW question

978 views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Mr. Shotgun 
#1 ·
I just got mine and it has two pictures of me on the front.  A little one and a bigger one next to it.  Is this correct?  I have never seen one like this.  Different than all the others.

#4 ·
Is the smaller one 'ghosted', a little transparent? A lot of new id's have this feature. I believe if you reproduce the image the transparency of both images becomes the same, indicating some form of tampering.

#3 ·
Is the smaller one 'ghosted', a little transparent? A lot of new id's have this feature. I believe if you reproduce the image the transparency of both images becomes the same, indicating some form of tampering.

#10 ·
Yeah, I am assuming the two photo thing is to make it harder to doctor the color photo. But ME has NO photo, and PA has a spot where you can add your own, so it's a bit nuts IMO that CT thinks they need TWO photos, plus a signature, plus a hologram overlay.

One other thing: the shiny surface of CT will wear off and destroy the holograms if you carry it around with other cards. It will still be legal, just a heads-up that one has a fragile surface.

#9 ·
Yeah, I am assuming the two photo thing is to make it harder to doctor the color photo. But ME has NO photo, and PA has a spot where you can add your own, so it's a bit nuts IMO that CT thinks they need TWO photos, plus a signature, plus a hologram overlay.

One other thing: the shiny surface of CT will wear off and destroy the holograms if you carry it around with other cards. It will still be legal, just a heads-up that one has a fragile surface.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.