Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
The lottery is effectively a voluntary tax on math-challenged poor folks and minorities. The tone and balance in that commercial illustrates exactly what the target audience is thought to be.

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
if lottery money is going towards schools, then isnt that just a further tax on the poor?

also if lotto tax helps schools why does deblasio want to tax the rich so bad?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
those freakin tax-free NY ads are annoying, and to think that it is a Princess Cuomo idea is even more annoying.

FUAC and the evil spawn who gave birth to you, Mario should have let you run down the sink

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
not only that, but I think some existing companies are changing their names. listing as a new business and then taking the tax savings. Yep, we are ALL screwed.
Let me get a BIG - FUAC

FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC
FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC FUAC

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also---and this a big "also"---government-run education is a failed concept (and an immoral one, in my opinion), as evidenced by the New York public school system.

·
Banned
7,584 Posts
Listen, I'm cool with ethnic diversity. But it should be equal. I think they had 1 or 2 "token" white kids in there. Mix it up a little. It almost implies the funds are not for every school. Almost a racist video if you think about it. IMO, and in my little world. Lol

·
Premium Member
3,195 Posts
The lottery is effectively a voluntary tax on math-challenged poor folks and minorities. The tone and balance in that commercial illustrates exactly what the target audience is thought to be.
It's also a form of entertainment for those of us who aren't math challenged but think it's fun to play and can afford it.

I just find the commercial annoying because it's on EVERY TV and radio station in every single commercial break. Even channel surfing you hear it 10 times a day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts