1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Grand Poobah
21,090 Posts
http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-records-show-universitys-response-holmes-050751901.html

Basically the school psychiatrist was willing to violate patient confidentiality and HIPPA laws and still nothing was done. We know who the people likely to commit horrific acts of violence are and we do nothing. Then we focus on gun control laws when they only affect those with respect for the law.
Not to mention if they were successful in getting what they want, all guns illegal and miraculously they all disappear off the face of the earth these nutjobs would make bombs, start fires, poison people etc.
it wouldn't change anyhting except maybe make more targets.

·
AMF YOYO
3,598 Posts
Normally, I think this guy is a pinhead.

But on this issue, I have to agree with him.

Hand Microphone Gesture Font Finger

Attachments

·
Borders, Language, Culture
4,738 Posts
I started to watch Defiance last night. Every time I see old footage of Jews,Slavs, etc. being hustled out of their villages & shot in the head along the way or being forced to dig their own death ditches, I wonder if it would've made any difference if there was a high degree of firearms ownership in these communities. Maybe not, but if my family was going to be exterminated, I would've like to take some Nazis with me.

·
Registered
606 Posts
http://news.yahoo.co...-050751901.html

Basically the school psychiatrist was willing to violate patient confidentiality and HIPPA laws and still nothing was done. We know who the people likely to commit horrific acts of violence are and we do nothing. Then we focus on gun control laws when they only affect those with respect for the law.
another fun fact about James Holmes

Like nearly 90% of mass shooters, he was on some sort of prescription psychiatric drug, which like many of them have side effects like suicidal thoughts and violent behavior.

we have the REAL problem. stop blaming the mentally competent gun owners and "evil assault weapons"

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
another fun fact about James Holmes

Like nearly 90% of mass shooters, he was on some sort of prescription psychiatric drug, which like many of them have side effects like suicidal thoughts and violent behavior.

we have the REAL problem. stop blaming the mentally competent gun owners and "evil assault weapons"
True but careful.

A lot of non-psychiatric meds have warnings like don't drive or operate equipment when taking.

If you shouldn't drive or operations equipment safely while on your meds then how can you handle a gun safely?? :-/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.