Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Are there anybody here who have a bad experience with the sales people in this store Coliseum GunTraders in Hempstead? My friend went there today and he said he feels like he was mistreated by this salesman w/ eyeglasses and a hat,,he went there with plain t-shirt and jeans but his wallet is full he can buy any guns they have there right there and then ,he ask the salesperson if they still have the rifle he was looking and he says NO and turns his back and attend to the other customer, my friend still want to see a gun under the shelf but to no avail btw my friend is a doctor and waited for his turn to be accommodated by a salesperson but this is what he get's..planning to go there tomorrow myself and see what's gonna happen.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
DOUBLEZERO said:
Hi Guys,
Are there anybody here who have a bad experience with the sales people in this store Coliseum GunTraders in Hempstead? My friend went there today and he said he feels like he was mistreated by this salesman w/ eyeglasses,,he went there with plain t-shirt and jeans but his wallet is full he can buy any guns they have there right there and then ,he ask the salesperson if they still have the rifle he was looking and he says NO and turns his back to the other customer, my friend still want to see a gun under the shelf but to no avail btw my friend is a doctor and waited for his turn to be accommodated by a salesperson but this is what he get's..planning to go there tomorrow myself and see what's gonna happen.
I got two of my guns from there....and I know the guys that work there too... Andy who's the owner, Lester (has glasses), and Toby (nice guy, no glasses), and another tall/bald guy with glasses (dont know his name, but he seems pleasant also).

In my experience buying from there, I have not had any problems, I felt they answered my questions and took care of me in a respectful way. One thing to keep in mind is that that shop can get busy at times, especially during the weekends. So if you go in there plan on being courteous with them and the other customers in the store, make eye contact with the staff, be patient and wait your turn to be serviced...dont worry, your turn will come and you will be called. If they are taking care of a customer whether if the customer is looking at a handgun or long gun, they like to give their undivided attention to the person they are taking care of.

Sometimes when I go in there just to browse or buy ammo I acknowlege everyone there by their first name, they even know me by my first name which goes a long way to getting better service.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've also had some negative experiences at Colosseum in Hempstead/Uniondale. Some of the guys there have the 'tude. I once needed to pick up some ammo on the way to the mitchell field range and was shocked at the high price of some of their ammo...this was years ago when you could get a case of solid .223 for $149. Anyway, I very politely asked if they could match the price over at Hunter Sports. The guy told me, "No...go buy it from Hunter..." So I did...I also bought a bushmaster that day, and over the years at least another 7-10 assorted handguns, rifles and shotguns. I swore I would never go to Colosseum again...of course, about three years later, I had to break my oath when again, I was on my way to mitchell field but forgot to bring my ear protectors. So while in the store I wandered over to the pistol counter and asked to see a P2000sk. I was handling it and released the slide with the catch. I was shocked when the guy behind the counter rudely told me I "wasn't supposed to do that...thats how they do it in the movies but it damages the gun in real life." What a joke. I politely told him I've been shooting firearms for over 25 years and have never come across that bit of information, but because it was his gun, I would respect his opinion. I handed the pistol back to him and walked out. This time, promising never to return no matter the circumstances...anyway, two weeks later I bought from Hunter Sports a P229, a Glock 19 and yes, a P2000sk. I swear, everytime these guys open their mouths, they manage to lose thousands of $$$ in sales.

Oh well, their loss I suppose...
I posted this in another thread...they won't get my money...ever again.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i bought one gun from them and had no issues.  My go to place is still Hank at T and T.  You mentioned though the salesperson gave a response of no then returned to a customer.  Could it be that these people were just expecting your friend to wait?  I have no issues waiting in line for a salesperson but it really pisses me off when i wait my turn and somebody thinks that they can just start asking the salesperson questions while I am looking at something.  

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes sometimes it gets really busy on a gun store but my friend waited for his turn patiently to be accommodated by a salesperson and when he get's his turn they should atleast give sometime to answer his question isn't not? because today his ready to buy a rifle, but another potential customer has been turn down.

·
Registered
176 Posts
bulldog said:
i bought one gun from them and had no issues. My go to place is still Hank at T and T.
Hank is a nice guy...I definitely enjoy speaking with him. However, I think they are overpriced and it annoys me when Hank takes out his little calculator and crunches numbers and then shows me the "deal" he can give me...like he's doing me a special favor. 9 times out of 10, the number is still grossly over-priced. He quoted me $700 on a GSG-5 that I bought someplace else for $450.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Jarhead0331 said:
Hank is a nice guy...I definitely enjoy speaking with him. However, I think they are overpriced and it annoys me when Hank takes out his little calculator and crunches numbers and then shows me the "deal" he can give me...like he's doing me a special favor. 9 times out of 10, the number is still grossly over-priced. He quoted me $700 on a GSG-5 that I bought someplace else for $450.
Maybe you should just give him a new calculator lol

The reason I havent yet bought a gun from T&T is that they are expensive, plus many of them already had wear marks and scratches on them.

I was there a month ago and was looking at their Romanian AK47's normally they sticker for like $469, but when I saw the $800-$900 pricetag I nearly burst out laughing

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mr. Shotgun said:
I was there a month ago and was looking at their Romanian AK47's normally they sticker for like $469, but when I saw the $800-$900 pricetag I nearly burst out laughing
Stay away from WASRs...they suck.

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
Jarhead0331 said:
LOL...That sounds eerily familiar. How much fun is the GSG-5?!?!?! I get questions every time I take mine to the range. It's pricey for what you're getting, but you can't beat it for cheap shooting, and the "tacti-cool" factor. It's a surprisingly accurate, and well built weapon. I put a cheap $50 red dot on it, and was very surprised at the groupings I can get. And yes, I laughed at the pricetag at T&T as well when I was shopping for mine. Hank is a nice guy, but their prices are way over the top...they wanted $150 more than Coliseum for the Kimber Tactical Pro II that I bought recently.

·
Registered
176 Posts
dv0042 said:
LOL...That sounds eerily familiar. How much fun is the GSG-5?!?!?! I get questions every time I take mine to the range. It's pricey for what you're getting, but you can't beat it for cheap shooting, and the "tacti-cool" factor. It's a surprisingly accurate, and well built weapon. I put a cheap $50 red dot on it, and was very surprised at the groupings I can get. And yes, I laughed at the pricetag at T&T as well when I was shopping for mine. Hank is a nice guy, but their prices are way over the top...they wanted $150 more than Coliseum for the Kimber Tactical Pro II that I bought recently.
Amen! The GSG-5 is-a-blast to shoot. I got a good deal on mine, so at $450, I think its a great value. Accurate, fast, and highly moddable. Did you know Sig is coming out with a .22 replica 550 called the Sig 522? It looks like a must buy.

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
Jarhead0331 said:
Amen! The GSG-5 is-a-blast to shoot. I got a good deal on mine, so at $450, I think its a great value. Accurate, fast, and highly moddable. Did you know Sig is coming out with a .22 replica 550 called the Sig 522? It looks like a must buy.

GSG already has an AK clone chambered for .22lr as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any of you guys know any shops that have GSG-5's in stock at a reasonable price. Looking to add to my collection already. Have only taken my AR-15 to Mitchell field twice but I'm already hooked BIG time!!! Having a ton of fun with my father. I also have two buddies looking to get into shooting and both want .22's after seeing what I pay for .223  lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
bull4408 said:
Any of you guys know any shops that have GSG-5's in stock at a reasonable price. Looking to add to my collection already. Have only taken my AR-15 to Mitchell field twice but I'm already hooked BIG time!!! Having a ton of fun with my father. I also have two buddies looking to get into shooting and both want .22's after seeing what I pay for .223 lol
Haven;t seen one on the shelf locally in a long time. Try gunbroker, or go to Hunter sports. Mark will order one for you. Not sure what price he'll be asking though. If your friends are interested in .22s, they might want to check out a Ruger 10/22. They are fun plinkers with a lot of room for modification. They are more traditional and make more sense for someone just getting into the hobby.

·
Banned
2,143 Posts
bull4408 said:
Any of you guys know any shops that have GSG-5's in stock at a reasonable price. Looking to add to my collection already. Have only taken my AR-15 to Mitchell field twice but I'm already hooked BIG time!!! Having a ton of fun with my father. I also have two buddies looking to get into shooting and both want .22's after seeing what I pay for .223 lol
Just make sure you use high velocity ammo...the action is recoil driven...you'll stovepipe a lot with the standard velocity stuff.

·
Banned
673 Posts
I was loking for a BUG a while ago, they put up with me touching their S&W airweights and subcompact Glocks for about 30 minutes or more.  I thanked them and told them I needed to think about it, they were good to me, no attitude.  I came back the next day and decided on a used G27 over the .40 XD (didn't like the grip safety, and it looks like an obese gun).  the guy gave me a plastic grocery bag to take it home in...I dunno what that was about (my first used pistol, I thought you always got a box?).  While I was there some guy was trying to get them down on a Rem 700 in .308, wouldn't budge a $1...finally the guy was like "OK, throw in a 20 round box of ammo and I'm walking out of here with this rifle," salesman goes "I have to eat too," and puts it back up on the wall.  I dunno, I think they could have spared the $25 for the sale, but it was a nice rifle, I'm sure it sold at price anyway.  Not the way to haggle either, through indecision and demonstrated knowledge I have gotten discounts on many an item.  I once talked one of those eastern european guys at one of the mall kiosks from $100 to $20 just for sport.  I would go there if they had something I needed, but I frequent Classic in Mineola.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
:backtotopic

Back on topic, or start a new thread please :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
I made 2 different handgun purchases from Coliseum in the last two months. Very happy with the service. Dealt with Toby and he was very friendly. I guess it depends on the time of day you go. I try to go to any store when they tend to be less crowded.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.