Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Great place and excellent selection, I just don't like paying full retail price. But I can say if you need it or can't find it, they probably have it.  

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea they have it all and can get it all, of course you will pay. Great Americans there and friendly unlike some other gun shops.

I picked up my first Mossberg 500 18.5.

My only complaint is not going there to purchase the awesomeness that is this home defense shotgun sooner.

Next purchase at Coliseum Guns will be my incredibly amazing Leupold scoped boar and deer rifle!

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
Yes they are great. Prices average out, some are higher but some are lower than other shops. A CZ shadow they had was cheaper than online price. Selection is better than any shop on Long Island.

They stand behind anything they sell. Customer service after the sale is best I have ever seen.

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
Personally I just don't like that they won't put you on a price over the phone

·
The Artist formally known as AR_Guy
6,913 Posts
deathsythe said:
Personally I just don't like that they won't put you on a price over the phone
Most shops won't quote price over the phone. At least any shops I have dealt with.

·
Anti-Statist
5,359 Posts
AR_Guy said:
Most shops won't quote price over the phone. At least any shops I have dealt with.
Unless things have changed after the whole Rice shenanigans...I've called most of the Nassau County shops before looking for a variety of things over the years, only Coliseum won't quote.

I feel I should qualify my previous statement. I know a few friends who have bought from them. No complaints from them. I've asked them about availability and they were more than happy to look into their stock or order for me. You won't find me knocking them.

I guess I should take a trip over and check it out firsthand one of these days... this always ends badly... like with me needing to find more room in my safe...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AR_Guy said:
Yes they are great. Prices average out, some are higher but some are lower than other shops. A CZ shadow they had was cheaper than online price. Selection is better than any shop on Long Island.

They stand behind anything they sell. Customer service after the sale is best I have ever seen.
I concur, tremendous selection, they can get anything you want, lots of ammo. If the Islanders leave at least Coliseum Guns will still be around!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just loved the vibe of the place too. They are more than happy to answer any of your questions and I like to ask alot of questions when it comes to firearms. Other shops will act almost offended by your inquiry. My experience was so great i'm not going anywhere else in the area even if the price is better.

Coliseum Guns is the Chosen One. I can't wait to get the long gun and my next pistol as well from them.

·
Banned
7,713 Posts
I went in there and was looking at a $3400 Wilson Combat. True they have a great selection, but the owner declined to take a penny off the gun. I ordered it through Wilson Combat Master Dealer and between savings through him and taxes, I saved close to $800.00. True, I had to wait 3 months for the gun, but for $800 I was willing to wait. The guy was silly not to give me any discount. I had my credit card in hand. Had he taken off even $100, I would have purchased the gun on the spot. I go there to take a look at their selection and then go to CampSite and order through them, or have it FFL to CampSite.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If gun shops don't quote prices over the phone, I don't buy from them.  It is a manipulation attempt to get you into their store.  It is part of a sales manipulation technique called "foot-in-the-door" and it is designed to ultimately to get you to buy the gun at their store buy first getting you there, once there, the concepts of cognitive dissonance and obligation exert pressure to get you to buy.

·
Registered
729 Posts
great selection for the most part, but I personally wouldnt buy from them simply because I have to drive to the store just to get a price.... It's 2012, come on, everyone else knows that if you can't get a price on the phone you're just going to order it online or go somewhere else. Why do I have to PAY money (aka gas in my car) JUST to get a price for a gun I already wanna buy?

I say quit it with this price quoting shenanigans and you'll gain my respect back, also I've seen their prices are pretty hight too. Every other place I've called and gotten an answer right over the phone. I like what they do for the 2A of long island, but I feel they are behind in the times and need to get with the program in the prices department.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Mod were did my post go ????? I gave my opinion on Coliseum and shared a couple of experiences I had with them and it has been deleted .. Are we no longer allowed to share bad experiences about people who sponsor the sight ??? This is not the first time my posts have vanished. Shoot me a PM if I am not following the rules or something ..

·
Uh-oh...
12,524 Posts
BigH said:
Mod were did my post go ????? I gave my opinion on Coliseum and shared a couple of experiences I had with them and it has been deleted .. Are we no longer allowed to share bad experiences about people who sponsor the sight ??? This is not the first time my posts have vanished. Shoot me a PM if I am not following the rules or something ..
Site was down for about a day and a half. Looks like a backup had to be used, and a bunch of posts are gone.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Thanks for the quick response .. I was wondering if it had something to do with the site going down .. Sorry for the accusation but I have had a few things disappear in the past.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.