Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped into Coliseum this afternoon as i was passing by. I was greeted by a salesman named Ken who asked me if i needed anything. I told him i was just going to look at what pistols he had in the display cases. He asked if i had my license on me, i said i didn't as i was just passing but was interested in a 380 pocket pistol. I   had to write this as i have never been treated better in 40 years of walking into gun shops. Ken advised me i couldn't touch any pistols,but he brought out, i can't even remember how many pistols. He compared sizes, showed features and benefits of anything i wanted. He knew that it wasn't a sale but gave me all the time and attention i wanted. I have never been treated better. I will probably be spending at least $2000.00 this year on pistols and i have to say Ken has the best chance of getting it. I mostly see the negative experiences on the forum, but this one is really positive. Got to give credit, when it's due. Stop in and see Ken.  

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Thats nice to hear. I've had a similar experience there as well. I like to window shop their selection of 1911's on my lunch break sometimes and they've always been very curteous.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I for one cannot say the same thing about Ken…nothing against the store.
For what is its worth am glad a fellow member got the treatment he deserve.

·
Registered
119 Posts
They have a great selection of sig sauer and 1911's I got my sig p229 from them they had the best price

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I always deal with Ken there. Always treated me right and sometimes have extended conversations with him about guns. If you're looking for a 1911 pistol, Ken's the 1911 expert there.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Mafia Al said:
I for one cannot say the same thing about Ken…nothing against the store.
For what is its worth am glad a fellow member got the treatment he deserve.
Different folks seem at times to have different experiences with certain "behind the counter guys" in gun shops for whatever the reason(s). In contrast, my experiences have always been good with Ken.

·
Registered
839 Posts
they were always very nice... but at almost 80 cents a round for PMC bronze .223 ammo the last time I was there.. I never went back

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I used to work across the street from these guys. Some of their stuff is a bit more than other places, but it's a convenience cost. As far as the people go, they're great. A bit of dry humor and a bit busy, but it's all good.

It's their fault I got into the bolt actions with the detachable magazines, I found an old A-Bolt for sale there and started drooling.

·
Fan of guns, but not one of the anti science pro f
2,335 Posts
Same experience a few months ago with a different guy -- Carmine? I think..  No license yet, but spent a good hour with me and a bud, showing us different pistols.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Everyone there is great. Andy is a gentleman as well as Kenny, Bobby, Toby, Carmine and Lester.   Fun and knowledgeable crew.

·
Registered
70 Posts
the guys are coliseum are ridiculously nice. when i went in there to buy my beretta. he sat there for about 30 minutes giving me all the ins and outs of the gun. wonderful people there. i wouldn't go anywhere else!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.