Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Marine Corps. Veteran
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a comercial last night for Coliseum Gun Traders in Uniondale on Spike TV.
Anyone else happen to catch it? It was during a Mini-marathon of Gangland.
I don't know if They have any control on when it airs But, thought to Myself, Is a comercial for a gun shop during a Gang related show good publiciy for Gun ownership? Or would it turn more people off(more guns on the streets) towards it? What Do folks think?

·
Assault is a behavior; Not a weapon.
12,115 Posts
I saw it during Top Shot as well.

Not a very well made commercial in my opinion. ike too many cheaply done or home-made commercials they tell the prospective buyer what they want to tell him/her, and not what the prospective buyer wants to hear.

But Andy did get his mug on TV.

·
The Sysop
36,800 Posts
Stay tuned for something cool ;)

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
T.Webb said:
I saw it during Top Shot as well.

Not a very well made commercial in my opinion. Like too many cheaply done or home-made commercials they tell the prospective buyer what they want to tell him/her, and not what the prospective buyer wants to hear.

But Andy did get his mug on TV.
The ad had the quality of those made in the 1970s made for showing on local TV stations. The video was not done well but the audio quality was horrible. It seems someone recorded with a really bad(cheap?) microphone and did not do any real audio cleanup. Madison Avenue is the ad capital of the world and is only 22 miles from this store.

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
ufester45 said:
I saw a comercial last night for Coliseum Gun Traders in Uniondale on Spike TV.
Anyone else happen to catch it? It was during a Mini-marathon of Gangland.
I don't know if They have any control on when it airs But, thought to Myself, Is a comercial for a gun shop during a Gang related show good publiciy for Gun ownership? Or would it turn more people off(more guns on the streets) towards it? What Do folks think?
Ummm... You saw it right??? So what does that say about YOU? watching gang shows....???

If it were my commercial, I'd be more concerned about what kind of clientele that timing brought in than how it made gun owners look.....

You guys must be cablevision sheep - haven't seen their commercial during Top shot over Satellite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.