Long Island Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Iconoclast
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have missed this. Is it over? How does one donate a coat? Where do they go?
What about other clothing items, perhaps thermal underwear, etc.

·
Still working on a screen name
6,642 Posts
Our second annual coat drive ran from Nov thru Jan this year, and with the help of our sponsors and members we were able to collect over 900 coats.
All of the coats we collect are donated to L.I. Cares and the Harry Chapin food bank for distribution to familys throughout Long Island.
The only items we collect for this drive are coats and heavy sweaters.
If you have other items that you would like to donate dropping them off at one of the church or Salvation Army collection bins that are at most shopping centers is probably the best bet.
We will be doing our coat drive again this year starting in November.

http://www.longislandfirearms.com/forum/m-1321711011.76235/

·
Iconoclast
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TERRY P said:
Our second annual coat drive ran from Nov thru Jan this year, and with the help of our sponsors and members we were able to collect over 900 coats.
All of the coats we collect are donated to L.I. Cares and the Harry Chapin food bank for distribution to familys throughout Long Island.
The only items we collect for this drive are coats and heavy sweaters.
If you have other items that you would like to donate dropping them off at one of the church or Salvation Army collection bins that are at most shopping centers is probably the best bet.
We will be doing our coat drive again this year starting in November.

http://www.longislandfirearms.com/forum/m-1321711011.76235/
I'll set aside some of the items for the next coat drive; sounds like a very worthy use and these coats - and sweaters - are all in excellent condition.
The heavy clothing didn't get a lot of wear this past "winter that never was".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.