Long Island Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I know no 'public' ranges on the island allow you to shoot at steel targets. I just did the LIPSA Steel Shootout this past weekend, and the RO's were right, I never want to shoot at a paper target again.
I inquired about joining LIPSA and I plan to look further into it.
In the meantime, does anyone know of any close-ish ranges (PA, NJ, upstate etc.) that have knockdown or steel targets? I wouldn't mind making a weekend trip somewhere to go shooting.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Hi all,

I know no 'public' ranges on the island allow you to shoot at steel targets. I just did the LIPSA Steel Shootout this past weekend, and the RO's were right, I never want to shoot at a paper target again.
I inquired about joining LIPSA and I plan to look further into it.
In the meantime, does anyone know of any close-ish ranges (PA, NJ, upstate etc.) that have knockdown or steel targets? I wouldn't mind making a weekend trip somewhere to go shooting.

Thanks!
This is a much asked question on the forum. It would be outstanding if there were some ranges to shoot steel close by. Paper is boring

·
Registered
320 Posts
That range looks interesting, but for an outdoor range seems a bit expensive, even by LI standards. It's more expensive than a single day Disney full day park hopper ticket.

I can only imagine that at those prices they are still full as it's by reservation only. I guess if you lived nearby and went often they do offer an $800 early bird premium member price. If you even go 4 times for half a day, the premium membership would be cheaper.

PREMIUM MEMBERS - $1000 PER YEAR. NO HOURLY RANGE FEE. GUESTS OF PREMIUM MEMBERS PAY $30/HOUR. 20 % DISCOUNT ON CLASSES. 2 COMPLIMENTARY GUEST PASSES.

DAY SHOOTERS $40 PER HOUR

HALF DAY (4 HOURS) $150

FULL DAY (8 HOURS) $275

·
Registered
341 Posts
I agree it expensive but there are not many other options to shoot long range out to 1000 yards around here, i would probably go for 2 hours every few months

·
Registered
320 Posts
I didn't see information on their site about the distances they had, but based on your post it sounds like they support out to 1000 yards so then they are most likely the only range nearby with that distance. Good to have options at least.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The members-only Freeport Range allows for steel plate shooting. I'm not sure if knockdown targets are allowed though.
AFAIK, Freeport R&R allows any kind of AR500 steel target. There is some range-owned steel available for smaller calibers, otherwise it's BYOS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts